Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got attacked by a raccoon today lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    In between lies our "two week" headstart, which is now down to four days.
    The head start is just an illusion anyway. There's less than a week's notice until the Thursday launch. People who were going to buy the game for launch have most likely already bought it, and those who weren't following it that close aren't likely to have enough time to catch any advertising that might be thrown out indicating that it's about to have an official launch in a few days. The only way there would have been any real benefit to a head start is if there had been a closed beta that not everyone could have gotten in to.

The real benefit is having had time to learn game mechanics as they currently stand, but even that will only be really important when the PvP system is redone and tribal war fare has been added... at which point I imagine that a lot of it will have to be re-learned all over again anyway. Woo-hoo for paying for beta testing.

Im in a similar boat, except im off uni, but still had work tuesday afternoon, wensday all day and thursday afternoon. I literally just sent a text to my boss making some bullshit excuse up to have wensday off so i can place totem for the tribe. Now i log on and find out my headstart has once again been reduced. But like previously mentioned, this headstart is just to make us feel special. But really it isnt a headstart, its no different to just launching on thursday because anybody who has found the game doesnt think "I will wait till the 15th to buy because that is the pre-launch". There will be no influx of players on the 15th, surely??

Bah. . the 3 PM PST was perfect for me. I will be at work this time. I don't even care. I am just glad it is launching! (and that I am off next week)

there is a difference between lies and circumstances. In this case, the ball is firmly in the circumstances category.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed off myself, but what can ya do. I'm going to be gone for the next two weeks (flying out on Friday morning so I'll miss the totem placement). By the time I get back everyone (including any and all new people) will have had the opportunity to place their totem.

So glad I was in early on the game...

Edit* If things hit the fan again and we have the same problems as last time I'll probably just give the game 6 months and see where it is then.

Edit** I also feel for tribes that aren't going to be able to all convince their schools/workplaces/etc that they need off FRIDAY at 9AM to get their spot....rofl.

I was frustrated by the first land rush, but just turn the servers on Thursday and let people fight it out (imho)...
    If population/chaos control is the issue, then I'm worried whether or not you're going to be able to handle the chaos of this first weekend (and the next one, and the next one). People are going to go nuts terraforming, building, etc. as soon as those systems are turned on...

Mardi Gras isn't that event in New Orleans? I thought that city had gone the way of Atlantis.

Great times for us in Euroland however, log on, place totem, log off, goto pub, jobs a goodun.

Yah this part is total bull, total complete fraking bull.

I dont understand the 24 hour period to create tribe "charters". if the game has totems disabled, where do you log in and accomplish this "charter"? Do i need to gather up my mates and get them to do something? Is there going to be a new button for to create a "Charter"? I thought you just invited members with a click if and when they showed up. I have missed something pretty important i think. Maybe if i had started a tribe before i would get it. As a homesteader am i supposed to log in on this day? Should i just let the tribes charter up and wait til next morning? Should a bunch of homesteaders form a phony temp tribe and grab a huge chunk of the good stuff then disband and homestead? Im such a noob, so confused.