Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blessing in disguise

My school is off the entire week for Mardi Gras, and I was hoping that I'd be able to take advantage of this time to get some nice-wholesome-postwipe playtime in, but it seems that that's not going to happen. At first I was really upset to read that the wipe is going to come on Thursday, but now I'm not so dismayed. This just gives me more time to focus on planning activities that'll keep my students interested in learning!

Tl;dr: I'm bummed and had to make a post to try to convince myself otherwise.

Honestly if they're doing this whole staggered thing I don't see why they don't just wipe it now and start the first day in the morning, I mean it will last 24 hours and you really don't have to worry about competition till the 2nd day.

I'm confused.. So we log in Thursday to gather tribe members, Friday to lay down totem, and launch on the 15th. What happens in between. Some options like terraforming will be turned off but until when? Can we play over the weekend? Weren't we promised a headstart NOT just to lay totems? I think we need some more clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    This just gives me more time to focus on planning activities that'll keep my students interested in learning!
    You have a week off to celebrate MARDI GRAS & this is what you've come up with??? WTF!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    You have a week off to celebrate MARDI GRAS & this is what you've come up with??? WTF!?!?!
    I'm doing my student teaching. Half the kids think of me as the "pretend" teacher. lol.

Wow... It just dawned on me that they give us a week off for Mardi Gras. Of all holidays...

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by Shukano View Post
    I'm confused.. So we log in Thursday to gather tribe members, Friday to lay down totem, and launch on the 15th. What happens in between. Some options like terraforming will be turned off but until when? Can we play over the weekend? Weren't we promised a headstart NOT just to lay totems? I think we need some more clarification.
    you get to play for keeps on Saturday, on Friday terraforming (and possibly other systems will not be turned on) and once you have placed your totem you are asked to log out to minimize lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Shukano View Post
    So we log in Thursday to gather tribe members, Friday to lay down totem, and launch on the 15th. What happens in between.
    In between lies our "two week" headstart, which is now down to four days.

I really don't mind the headstart thing as long as they fix items and add some more stuff to hunt.

this is just ridiculous I think