Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Without forced first person view, expect all pvpers to be using bows because it's nearly impossible to sneak up on anyone half competent when you are melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffburger View Post
    Without forced first person view, expect all pvpers to be using bows because it's nearly impossible to sneak up on anyone half competent when you are melee.
    Ok.

(With a high level hiding skill you are practically invisible...just saying).

I agree, archery is so overpowered now... everyone should use it

ZOMG!!! THE HORROR!!! HOW WILL THE CRAFTZORZ GET TO ADMIRE THEIR PRETTY COUTURE?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by XeoStyle View Post
    ^^ This

Terraforming and other activities would be a PAIN IN THE A** with only 1st person view!
    Leave it as it is for simply because of this imo .

I love first person view as well but I do suggest playing Xsyon in first person view for about a day, its not very good (meaning it not really designed to play in the mode well). I think he would have to change the mechanics greatly to make the 1st person view smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    No, and no for a forced closer view as well. Everyone has the option to scroll the view as close as you like, use it if you want to but don't force others to do so.
    hate 1st person.

altho with the way the combat appears to want to work, scrolling way in will be the most effective way to fight.
    * need body to go translucent when you scroll in...currently you scroll in and just get a back of your head shot *

If there was no third person how could I view people at impossible angles while I'm hiding in a rock, waiting to gank them?

Typically, I am for enforcement of first person view. As an avid shooter fan I avoid the 3rd person view games but I see the need for it here.

I would be for it if the first person view was enforced only during combat mode or outside of homestead/tribe area. Would add to the suspense and realism IMO. Just would have to be balance appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldur View Post
    If there was no third person how could I view people at impossible angles while I'm hiding in a rock, waiting to gank them?
    +1

I am guessing you’re being sarcastic... For clarification, I am. =)