Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Uh, yeah. Sarcastic ...

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    I love first person view as well but I do suggest playing Xsyon in first person view for about a day, its not very good (meaning it not really designed to play in the mode well). I think he would have to change the mechanics greatly to make the 1st person view smooth.
    This. Spent 10 minutes in First Person View right now and I'm sick as hell. The horrid head-bob motion combined with weapons/tools blocking LoS and complete (more than most games) tunnel vision makes it a terrible way to play even though I prefer FPV...

Finally found Xsyon's post about first person view:

The reason hiding makes you less visible is because this is a 3rd person game. We can't rely on the player being in 1st person view. I don't plan to ever make Xsyon an exclusively 1st person view game.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...layer-Skill/#8

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffburger View Post
    Without forced first person view, expect all pvpers to be using bows because it's nearly impossible to sneak up on anyone half competent when you are melee.
    pft, sneaking up on someone and getting the first strike isn't a prerequisite to pvp'ing. In fact, as long as I know they're not going to run for their safe zone (which admittedly is a pretty large if) I'd rather them be ready and willing.

first person view should be forced when entering combat.. I've stated that in the tweeks and suggestion and in this forum as well...

I prefer 3rd person view and I don't understand why people want to force 1st person. There are other games that do this and I really hope Xsyon does not become one of them. Nothing should be forced at least give people a choice ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Senusret View Post
    I prefer 3rd person view and I don't understand why people want to force 1st person. There are other games that do this and I really hope Xsyon does not become one of them. Nothing should be forced at least give people a choice ffs.
    lol u forgot this part:
    GO BACK TO MO!!!

lol, but ya ur right on

Thanks to Jadzia for pulling up a previous dev post... So, the thread is “closed”. But wanted to point something out that may bring some understanding regarding such a request...

The camera is a HUGE variable in regards to combat, obviously each have there own pros and cons. Forget about all the preconceived ideas about MMO’s, just think about PVP combat in general...

Compare Call of Duty to Gears of War... The largest variable is how the cameras work. It greatly affects player tactics.

Xsyon Citizen
    im sorry but i love third person, and have always disliked playing in first, keep in mind your not the only person that is going to be playing this game, currently the game has both first and third person to offer players, therefore being attractive to more people.