Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So when actully is final wipe?

Release day to me is day when there are no more wipes....so when actually is the final wipe? I keep hearing different dates.

Yes it is this coming Thursday.

Thursday March 10 at 6:00 AM PST we will wipe the server and allow players in to form their tribe / clan charters. You will not be able to place totems yet, so you can take your time and get your tribe charters ready over the course of the day.

Friday March 11 starting at 9:00 AM PST we will allow players to place totems. Terraforming will be turned off. Once you've placed a totem, please log off to reduce traffic on this day. We may turn off other features as well.

"...Once you've placed a totem, please log off to reduce traffic on this day..."

LOL, is anyone actually going to do this?

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    "...Once you've placed a totem, please log off to reduce traffic on this day..."

LOL, is anyone actually going to do this?

Drev
    Maybe everything else will be disabled?

Ya, I suspect unless you just want to run around playing bumper cars with people... logging off is what alot of people will do.

no this is the day everyone will be creating and deleting characters for all the starting tools. then they will log out. i sure hope durability is turned on after the final launch.

Even though I am friggin' DYING to get my Xsyon adventure started, I'm cool with this. Get our characters set up on Thurs, let our tribe leaders set up handle Totems on Friday, then we will be ready to rock and roll for weekend after the initial traffic dies down.

Let's help this go smooth by respecting their wishes. Remember, this is an indy sandbox game and we players are also responsible for helping it be successful. This should make for a really fun weekend if we just help them keep the traffic down for totems. I don't want another wipe or release push.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Even though I am friggin' DYING to get my Xsyon adventure started, I'm cool with this. Get our characters set up on Thurs, let our tribe leaders set up handle Totems on Friday, then we will be ready to rock and roll for weekend after the initial traffic dies down.

Let's help this go smooth by respecting their wishes. Remember, this is an indy sandbox game and we players are also responsible for helping it be successful. This should make for a really fun weekend if we just help them keep the traffic down for totems. I don't want another wipe or release push.
    You honestly think the bolded part above is going to happen? I think it's inevitable, but this weekend is going to be nightmarish...

Quote Originally Posted by Malivius View Post
    You honestly think the bolded part above is going to happen? I think it's inevitable, but this weekend is going to be nightmarish...
    Sorry, to be more clear, I meant traffic and load because of totems. It will be a busy weekend for certain, and they may end up having to turn off terraforming at first which is fine by me. I guess we will see if the new server hardware and bandwidth help. I'm personally planning to marathon play this weekend, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!