Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    See, the problem here is not necessarily the risk to crafters/gatherers, but the threat of boredom.

If naked punchers are the best way to pvp now, that's maybe not so bad, after all, we're all desperate survivors fighting over a few scraps.

If naked punchers are still the best way to pvp in three months, after crafters have skilled up and created decent weapons and armor for their tribes, then we have a serious problem. Then the game will always only be about naked punching, and that will get boring fast.

going to agree with the hopi here.

i feel dirty

Can we all agree that this game isn't finished yet? You can argue all day about what doesn't work in the game yet, or if the game is ready for release, but that depends on you. As people who are playing a very niche, indy game made by a small developer, we might want to understand that Prelude is basically a beta product by common measures.

I personally think it's cool that we get to be a part of the early process of a very neat game. I understand some stuff doesn't work and that other players will be exploiting it until it is fixed. I know I can leave and come back later in development if that becomes too much to deal with.

Devs say they will Nurf unarmed but the PO weps aren't scheduled for nurfing

Unfortunately this means naked PvP with a PO wep is an easy and risk free way of killing someone and taking their hard earned gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Can we all agree that this game isn't finished yet? You can argue all day about what doesn't work in the game yet, or if the game is ready for release, but that depends on you. As people who are playing a very niche, indy game made by a small developer, we might want to understand that Prelude is basically a beta product by common measures.

I personally think it's cool that we get to be a part of the early process of a very neat game. I understand some stuff doesn't work and that other players will be exploiting it until it is fixed. I know I can leave and come back later in development if that becomes too much to deal with.
    this is a fine explanation when you're volunteering to test a game in an admittedly alpha or beta state.

This is a fine explanation when you're talking about fleshing out the game, niche elemtns within the game, or 'end game' elements that would be a couple months of play time out anyway.

But...
    We are talking about a game (cool concept, incredible potential, dedicated indi dev, blah blah) that we paid real money to play.
    We are talking about the most basic of gameplay mechanics.
    We are talking about th emost basic of balance elements.

So, rather than asking for a refund for being sold a bill of goods that was more than a few items short compared to what was on the bill of sale, they can keep my money as a deposit for GETTING THINGS FIXED IN A TIMELY MANNER. I understand that things like tribal warfare, seiging, advanced&improved combat mechanics are all features that they will be getting too as soon as possible...while the implementation of these things is the fundemental reason i purchased the game...the here and now REQUIRES that the existing situation be 'not broken'.

As an investor in this here product, I will holler and scream to the best of my ability when something seems wonky, broken, or just downright stupid. That's me as an investor trying to make this here product a certifiable success.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    See, the problem here is not necessarily the risk to crafters/gatherers, but the threat of boredom.

If naked punchers are the best way to pvp now, that's maybe not so bad, after all, we're all desperate survivors fighting over a few scraps.

If naked punchers are still the best way to pvp in three months, after crafters have skilled up and created decent weapons and armor for their tribes, then we have a serious problem. Then the game will always only be about naked punching, and that will get boring fast.
    Your name in your sig is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    this is a fine explanation when you're volunteering to test a game in an admittedly alpha or beta state.

This is a fine explanation when you're talking about fleshing out the game, niche elemtns within the game, or 'end game' elements that would be a couple months of play time out anyway.

But...
    We are talking about a game (cool concept, incredible potential, dedicated indi dev, blah blah) that we paid real money to play.
    We are talking about the most basic of gameplay mechanics.
    We are talking about th emost basic of balance elements.

So, rather than asking for a refund for being sold a bill of goods that was more than a few items short compared to what was on the bill of sale, they can keep my money as a deposit for GETTING THINGS FIXED IN A TIMELY MANNER. I understand that things like tribal warfare, seiging, advanced&improved combat mechanics are all features that they will be getting too as soon as possible...while the implementation of these things is the fundemental reason i purchased the game...the here and now REQUIRES that the existing situation be 'not broken'.

As an investor in this here product, I will holler and scream to the best of my ability when something seems wonky, broken, or just downright stupid. That's me as an investor trying to make this here product a certifiable success.
    Well, I guess I can expect to see your flame post on the 15th then. Might as well start writing it now, save it in Notepad so you can post it when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by mindtrigger View Post
    Well, I guess I can expect to see your flame post on the 15th then. Might as well start writing it now, save it in Notepad so you can post it when the time comes.
    nah, gonna wager i'd just get lost in that sea of hate I can actually deal with that type of problem...it is expected at any launch...no one's hardware is typically spec'd for the peak pop to be all on, all doing peak processing type stuff...you ahve to assume it will be ugly, and that it will get better.

now basic mechanics those are elements that SHOULD be working, and working correctly, since their are fundemental to game play. Those are more deserving of repeated flameage...squeaky wheel hypothesis and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    now basic mechanics those are elements that SHOULD be working, and working correctly, since their are fundemental to game play. Those are more deserving of repeated flameage...squeaky wheel hypothesis and all that.
    When I bought this game my first thought was that I'm paying for the pre-game. The devs have "never" hided the fact that the game was not complete. We bought the product "as is" as stated in the TOS with the ability to figure out what all of that "as is" incorporated.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    When I bought this game my first thought was that I'm paying for the pre-game. The devs have "never" hided the fact that the game was not complete. We bought the product "as is" as stated in the TOS with the ability to figure out what all of that "as is" incorporated.
    not to derail much more but the adverts was 'head start' to launch, not 'paid beta'.

all the board traffic was 'runs great'

every mmo is in a perpetual state of development, so tweakage is a fact of life.

but when basic mechanics are broken, that can't be any anybody's best interest, and letting someone think that its 'all right' that their broken, really isn't in there best interest either...since not many people are going to play a broken game.