Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I got to side with Dubanka on this one. The basically broken combat system IS a "feature" which absolutely needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. It has already caused a few folks to decide to ask for a refund, and the longer it remains unaddressed, the more folks who will quit in disgust, or never join at all. To say that the cards were on the table in terms of "Prelude" versus the next expansion, the combat system is table stakes, and needs to be fixed now. Its not a feature which can be added later. Its a feature which is in the current product which is broken.

I don't disagree with him at all, and I think it is everyone's right to ask for a refund if they don't get what they paid for. I just don't see it as a big deal during the first month of the game, personally. I understand what I paid for.

The only thing that I am saying is that we weren't left in the dark about the state of the game systems. Yet we chose to buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    We are talking about the most basic of gameplay mechanics.
    I agree here 100%. How can armor not do a damn thing? That is just too basic to be missing....

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    The only thing that I am saying is that we weren't left in the dark about the state of the game systems. Yet we chose to buy it anyway.
    What Dubanka is saying is that this game will be largely worthless and probably DOA unless this very crucial and basic game feature is fixed in a timely manner. He's also being quite constructive about it and raving about the potential this game obviously has. He's not asking for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    I agree here 100%. How can armor not do a damn thing? That is just too basic to be missing....
    Some people have tested it and say they've had 15-20% mitigation with the poor/junk quality they could make and wearing incomplete sets. Truth or not I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    What Dubanka is saying is that this game will be largely worthless and probably DOA unless this very crucial and basic game feature is fixed in a timely manner. He's also being quite constructive about it and raving about the potential this game obviously has. He's not asking for a refund.
    Yes, but it's not a low priority fix. It's a high priority one. They said (early this month) combat fixes would be scheduled for within the first month after release, but as it stands now I'm not sure if it'll be that quick. I also took that into consideration when buying.

Xsyon Citizen
    I confess I'm confused as to what you're saying then. Aren't you in agreement with Dubanka?

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    Some people have tested it and say they've had 15-20% mitigation with the poor/junk quality they could make and wearing incomplete sets. Truth or not I don't know.
    Confirmed against PO axe. Took about 2/3 of total hp on average with a hit while naked, and about 1/2 of total hp with mix/match leather armor (no helmet).

Weapon is still pretty OP though lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    I confess I'm confused as to what you're saying then. Aren't you in agreement with Dubanka?
    lol...
    I'm more along the lines of trigger. I don't disagree with him, but it's not like the devs are clueless. They already have mechanics in mind. I'm just pretty chill about it I guess and don't see any cause to worry............yet.

Xsyon Citizen
    But, there's currently no endgame whatsoever.

Set up tribe --> craft --> do nothing