Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Naked Gankers WTF?!

There seen to be a lot of people running about stark naked attacking and killing people with weapons and armour fairly easily. Is this because weapons/armour are only cosmetic hindrances to fighting prowess? Are they using some exploit? I find it fairly disconcerting when some naked bald guy is beating the crap out of me with his fists as I swing two axes at him to little effect. How does combat work in this game?

Btw I'm having great fun . Just a little confused about combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kropos View Post
    There seen to be a lot of people running about stark naked attacking and killing people with weapons and armour fairly easily. Is this because weapons/armour are only cosmetic hindrances to fighting prowess? Are they using some exploit? I find it fairly disconcerting when some naked bald guy is beating the crap out of me with his fists as I swing two axes at him to little effect. How does combat work in this game?

Btw I'm having great fun . Just a little confused about combat.
    The "combat" system we have right now is just a place holder really. All weapons except the pre-order axe are terrible. Fists are far & away the best combat option because they are 3x faster than pre-order weapons & still do good damage. Armor appears to be pointless right now. There are manual blocking & dodging actions, but trying to use those is akin to bending over.

Two things at work here.

One, there's a semi common bug where people appear to be naked and swinging nothing when they are in fact geared.

Second, atm when we are "geared" it is pretty safe to say that it is pretty crappy gear! I'm willing to bet everything anybody is wearing is very low quality. That being said it does make a difference... maybe about 20% mitigation? This is not going to win a fight for you, though.

Third on my list of two things... if they are running around ganking and you are running around crafting, they probably have both a better character for combat and more experience with combat.

In closing, my tip to you is prioritize hitting them with your named weapon more than anything.

unarmed is way over-powered atm and it will be looked into, so i guess expect a nerf to unarmed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    The "combat" system we have right now is just a place holder really. All weapons except the pre-order axe are terrible. Fists are far & away the best combat option because they are 3x faster than pre-order weapons & still do good damage. Armor appears to be pointless right now. There are manual blocking & dodging actions, but trying to use those is akin to bending over.
    /this

I've tested low quality stuff and it did about 10-15% mitigation from fists and weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    /this
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    +2
    +3

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I've tested low quality stuff and it did about 10-15% mitigation from fists and weapons.
    = pointless when compared to the dps of a PO weapon.

when 4 hits = 130% of you're life, does 15% mean anything? nope.

Xsyon Citizen
    I have not found this to be a problem.

Nothing to see here.