Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    Considering the significantly scaled down size of the region, I do believe I can. As I said, I've never been, but I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to say that I could travel off the beaten path now, pre-apocalypse, and not run into so much as a fart of another human presence.

And I don't believe you can say that Lake Tahoe is some mystical oasis what drew survivors from all over the country. How did they get through the mist? Gas masks? I'd like to know where we stockpiled them because there's some lovely filth just on the edge of the mist that I'm dying to get to.

What's more likely is that this is a product of an advanced homeless relocation program. All the states sent their homeless population to Lake Tahoe and told them the apocalypse was underway and to stay put until someone came and got them. Don't try to leave, they said, because the scary green mist will asphyxiate you within seconds. Why do you think you're able to magically ghost-walk yourself out of the mist? It's all delusion.

This explains why we have so many people with Napoleon complexes here.
    Perhaps, now bare with me.. maybe, just maybe...this is all a game..And by some weird circumstance in the year 2011, we all shelled out 40 bucks to play it. It sounds crazy...but is it? Bum Bum Buuummmmm...

Junk piles are required for just about every craft etc maybe basketry. So junk can not be a rare item, it is a basic need, same as water and food.

this will present an interesting dilemma for some of the community and devs.

as supplies become increasingly rare, groups (especially the larger tribes who will run out the fastest) will be forced to travel farther afield to find 'stuff'.

This will, of course, expose them to danger, as the increased scarcity of resources will also make tribes more posessive of supplies with their immediate area.

The dilemma...if the resource model is allowed to play...is...do you allow the the model to play out, which forces groups to coelesce, and then conflict? or do you just repopulate the world with stuff to keep some folks happy.

Stay away from my junk.

Did anyone else assume getting junk wouldn't always be easy, or that there wouldn't be junk on every tribe or homestead land, or that I might have to risk my life now and then to get resources I need?

Exactly... rare resources is what everyone's wanted. They just forget that a junk pile is a resource.