Page 21 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

sisler86 wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:
    PKKs have been around for a long time. There were PKK clans in Diablo. Nothing new.
    Yeah, but in my experience, that never really changes anything.
    PKers will continue to randomly kill other players either way. Only game rules can stop that kind of behaviour.
    I really don't see much of a point in random PKing in this game. I'm sure it will still happen, it always does, but really, there's not much of a point.
    Are you serious? What if I want your shiny weapon? What if you've been harvesting for hours and I want to take your shit?

Trust me, there's always a reason.

If I can get from you in 30 seconds what would take me hours to get, that seems like a pretty solid reason to me.
    If I have a "shiny" weapon that catches your interest then it is probably a better weapon than yours in which I will use to kill you with when you try to attack me. Plus, inventory space is going to be very limited in this game and the more you carry, the slower you move. That being said, people are going to stick close to home when gathering resources to shorten the trip. Is it really worth the time and the risk to camp out next to an enemy tribe just to get a few pieces of wood that you could have gotten yourself in much less time? It's not a very logical approach.
    first if your shinny weapon is better then mine then ill sneak up on you and finish you before you even know what hit you... next if i am going to kill for resources then i would kill you for harder to get resources then just wood... for example perhaps my tribe doesn't have a mine well then ill head to an enemies tribe mine and take out whatever sucker that seems to have a good amount of ore, which by the way in this game you can tell because you move slower the more encumbered you are (supposedly of course)

Sometimes the act of killing you before you get the thought in your head to kill me, is its own reward.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Sometimes the act of killing you before you get the thought in your head to kill me, is its own reward.
    I'm not a fan of that philosophy. I am by no means a "carebear" as some like to call us, but killing someone in a game unprovoked just for your own satisfaction is childish enough to deserve its own clever little neckname, but that is just my opinion.

necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:
    PKKs have been around for a long time. There were PKK clans in Diablo. Nothing new.
    PKers will continue to randomly kill other players either way. Only game rules can stop that kind of behaviour.
    I really don't see much of a point in random PKing in this game. I'm sure it will still happen, it always does, but really, there's not much of a point.
    Are you serious? What if I want your shiny weapon? What if you've been harvesting for hours and I want to take your shit?

If I can get from you in 30 seconds what would take me hours to get, that seems like a pretty solid reason to me.
    If I have a "shiny" weapon that catches your interest then it is probably a better weapon than yours in which I will use to kill you with when you try to attack me. Plus, inventory space is going to be very limited in this game and the more you carry, the slower you move. That being said, people are going to stick close to home when gathering resources to shorten the trip. Is it really worth the time and the risk to camp out next to an enemy tribe just to get a few pieces of wood that you could have gotten yourself in much less time? It's not a very logical approach.
    first if your shinny weapon is better then mine then ill sneak up on you and finish you before you even know what hit you... next if i am going to kill for resources then i would kill you for harder to get resources then just wood... for example perhaps my tribe doesn't have a mine well then ill head to an enemies tribe mine and take out whatever sucker that seems to have a good amount of ore, which by the way in this game you can tell because you move slower the more encumbered you are (supposedly of course)
    lol, you guys are just awful :P

Ya know, you could just build your own mine and save yourself the time and hassle in the long run.

sisler86 wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:

Ya know, you could just build your own mine and save yourself the time and hassle in the long run.
    Why build your own when sisler's mine could be camped by a group who wants to borrow it for awhile, and have some PvP fun in the process?

JCatano wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:

Why build your own when sisler's mine could be camped by a group who wants to borrow it for awhile, and have some PvP fun in the process?
    Except that we are nomads..... why would we have a mine? B)

sisler86 wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:

Because it's a computer game, so guild names don't really mean anything. My DF clan is called Ten. We have six people. :P

And if gathering is as tedious as you think... You'll want a mine.

JCatano wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    VowOfSilence wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:

Because it's a computer game, so guild names don't really mean anything. My DF clan is called Ten. We have six people. :P

And if gathering is as tedious as you think... You'll want a mine.
    lol, I know. I'm just bustin your chops man :laugh:

On a serious note...

We need a video. My vaporware senses are starting to function.

JCatano wrote:
    On a serious note...

We need a video. My vaporware senses are starting to function.
    Agreed. I saw that they said they weren't going to make one, but come on. We need something to keep feeding our interest.