Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    It sounds like you dont like consequence gaming and should stick to a mostly PVE game.
    Many of us would do that with pleasure. Just please convince Jordi to give us a PVE only server. We won't miss PKers there...but the PvP players are going to cry that their server became empty. If PvPers are confident enough that their playstyle is the better and more enjoyable one, why are they against server split ?

Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    It sounds like you dont like consequence gaming and should stick to a mostly PVE game.
    Many of us would do that with pleasure. Just please convince Jordi to give us a PVE only server. We won't miss PKers there...but the PvP players are going to cry that their server became empty. If PvPers are confident enough that their playstyle is the better and more enjoyable one, why are they against server split ?
    They arnt against a split because of PvP, they don't want a split because thats stupid. So you would have 1 server that just builds towns, and one server that just ganks each other with their fists, naked.

PK isnt hard to avoid, unless your brain dead or something. If you are in a dangerous area, then watch your back. If your to stupid for that, then find a better spot to mine/chop/w/e

shadowlz wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    They arnt against a split because of PvP, they don't want a split because thats stupid. So you would have 1 server that just builds towns, and one server that just ganks each other with their fists, naked.
    Or they would have 2 servers where everyone plays the game in the way they like ?

Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    I don't think this game is for you.

Palo god wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    I'm fighting for equal rights for PvPers and carebears :P

Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Because you are right having 1/2 or so people leave to a PVE only server would cause major problems for BOTH servers.

Plus it would cause major problems for people that are on the fence about where to go. Best friend like PVE only, I like PVP. Now Im forced to join a PVE server OR him forced to join a PVP server.

Having more than 1 server has many reasons that causes problems.

You will find that all the more populated games have PVP of some form or another.

I dont know what game you are coming from but if its an MMO, it has PVP. The diff is FFA PVP. Sandbox missing a lot of sand without FFA PVP.

Jadzia wrote:
    Palo god wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    No, you're fighting to have a white fountain and a black fountain when there should only be one checkerboard fountain. Or dare I say a gray fountain!

comestible wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Palo god wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    No, you're fighting to have a white fountain and a black fountain when there should only be one checkerboard fountain. Or dare I say a gray fountain!
    \\

sweet Jesus man whats up with all the common sense

MrDDT wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Because you are right having 1/2 or so people leave to a PVE only server would cause major problems for BOTH servers.

Plus it would cause major problems for people that are on the fence about where to go. Best friend like PVE only, I like PVP. Now Im forced to join a PVE server OR him forced to join a PVP server.

Having more than 1 server has many reasons that causes problems.

You will find that all the more populated games have PVP of some form or another.

I dont know what game you are coming from but if its an MMO, it has PVP. The diff is FFA PVP. Sandbox missing a lot of sand without FFA PVP.
    You are right, the server split is not the best solution. I have no problem with PvP, I have problem with FFA PvP. And my problem is not that I'm scared of being killed or loosing stuffs. My problem is that if I pay to play a game, i want it to be fair. PvPers want non-PvPers to be around as victims...I'm fine with this if you can tell me whats the benefit in it for me. If I get no benefit out of that that means I'm paying for the game to give fun to another player, not for myself. I'm not unselfish enough to pay for another person's fun.
    If you can convince me that having FFA PvP in a game benefits for non-PvP players too, then i have no more problems with it. But arguments like 'its realistic', 'its more immersive', 'its fun' are not acceptable, I don't find PvP realistic or fun or anything like that. I like PvP (not FFA) because it freshens up the economy, so good for my business :P
    I'm looking forward to see arguments that why FFA PVP is good for non-PvP players...and I really mean it, I've been thinking a lot on it lately. And please don't tell me to go to find another game...Xsyon sounds like my dream MMO, apart of FFA PvP, so I won't give up on it that easy.
    And I'm glad to get opinions and ideas from everyone, but please answer the original question and dont get distracted :P
    What's the benefit of FFA PVP for non-PvP players ?

Jeopardy wrote:
    If I spend 4 hours mining, and I get PK'd and lose everything I worked on

Just my thoughts. :S
    if you are going to waist away 4 hours gathering materials the you had better have an escape rout lad out less someone like me comes up and takes it all away... not like there are not any ways to avoid me attacking you to begin with, first find a well hidden spot to avoid contact with pll with ill-intentions wile at the same time be able to gather materials, then you can always run when you see someone coming however please note that in this game you become slower the more stuff you have with you, then it would be advised to have a few tribe-mates with you to watch your back or perhaps remain in your tribes territory so that you can easily get some backup when problems arise, and then there is always the classic as in fighting back, assuming you can fight back, in which case if it becomes apparent that the pker is most likly to lose the fight the pker will most likely retreat rather then loose his stuff in the attack.