Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

JCatano wrote:

Well, I'm still trying to figure this out. You hate PvP, but you don't mind meaningful PvP, but you find PvP boring/not fun/etc. After all of that... You're choosing to play an open-PvP game and worry about getting PK'd. That's what happens in an open-PvP game. You're going to get "ganked". We will all get ganked... A lot.
    Ok, 1 more time, just for you

I don't hate PvP. I hate random PK. By random I mean that the PKer doesn't want to get anything from me, his only reason to PK to let out his frustration, to make himself feel somewhat big. These are reasons I can't accept, if they are acceptable for you thats ok, but not for me.

I personally find PvP boring. I understand that others like the adrenalin rush, but I have enough adrenalin in my real life, so thanks, I don't want more in my game where I'm supposed to relax. I like to go to outlaws areas when I'm sleepy to wake up, but not to PK, more like to avoid PKing If you get what I mean. But thats rare, it happens only when I'm sleepy but still want to stay up.

I've chosen to play a sandbox game, which one I found at the end of January, without forum and only feature list. This feature hasn't mentioned ANYTHING about PKing. Hasn't even mention the opportunity of it, not even it being FFA PvP.

I fell in love in this game though I hardly knew anything about it. I'm a sandbox player, and there are no good sandbox games out there. Probably the only ones are Eve and Wurm, but Wurm doesn't work on my laptop, and Eve...its just not my thing to play a ship.

I can bear with random PK if its rare and not a daily routine. Open PvP doesn't mean that there is no severe penalty for PKing. The developers said that there WILL be severe consequences, and they stated they want Pking to be rare and really badass. That's what I'm looking for, that's why I'm still waiting for this game.

I hope you get it now, if not, I'm here to be asked, just call my name

Ps:
    Xsyon wrote:
    There should be enough in place for the game to not turn into a gankfest. The intention of Xsyon is to be a fun, open, sandbox game with possibilities for all kinds of players. If the game starts to get thrown off balance by gankers, the balance will shift. Simple as that.

So no...we won't get ganked a lot. Time to realize it.

New here, you lose stuff if you die? hmy:

Kwinkatopolis wrote:
    New here, you lose stuff if you die? hmy:
    There is a full loot system in the game. The carrying capacity is limited though, but if you get ganked by not one but more PKers you will probably loose everything you had on you.

Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

Well, I'm still trying to figure this out. You hate PvP, but you don't mind meaningful PvP, but you find PvP boring/not fun/etc. After all of that... You're choosing to play an open-PvP game and worry about getting PK'd. That's what happens in an open-PvP game. You're going to get "ganked". We will all get ganked... A lot.

I don't hate PvP. I hate random PK. By random I mean that the PKer doesn't want to get anything from me, his only reason to PK to let out his frustration, to make himself feel somewhat big. These are reasons I can't accept, if they are acceptable for you thats ok, but not for me.

I personally find PvP boring. I understand that others like the adrenalin rush, but I have enough adrenalin in my real life, so thanks, I don't want more in my game where I'm supposed to relax. I like to go to outlaws areas when I'm sleepy to wake up, but not to PK, more like to avoid PKing If you get what I mean. But thats rare, it happens only when I'm sleepy but still want to stay up.

I've chosen to play a sandbox game, which one I found at the end of January, without forum and only feature list. This feature hasn't mentioned ANYTHING about PKing. Hasn't even mention the opportunity of it, not even it being FFA PvP.

I fell in love in this game though I hardly knew anything about it. I'm a sandbox player, and there are no good sandbox games out there. Probably the only ones are Eve and Wurm, but Wurm doesn't work on my laptop, and Eve...its just not my thing to play a ship.

I can bear with random PK if its rare and not a daily routine. Open PvP doesn't mean that there is no severe penalty for PKing. The developers said that there WILL be severe consequences, and they stated they want Pking to be rare and really badass. That's what I'm looking for, that's why I'm still waiting for this game.

The orange text makes it hard to take you seriously, since it's an overzealous generalization. Ever think that they just wanted your loot? (Meaningful PvP)

You have said you dislike "PvP" at least a few times.

"I don't find PvP realistic or fun or anything like that." - Jadzia

Going back and forth on the subject isn't going to give a very good explanation. You're pressing for a PvE, too, which shows how much you don't like it (which is fine).

You can't have an open-PvP MMO and not expect to be ganked pretty often. The dev said it will be balanced so that good and evil players have fun. That means there will be advantages and disadvantages for both sides. If you're too harsh to the evil players, then they are not going to have fun. Going evil is a penalty in itself, anyway.

What's going to happen if numerous tribes declare war on your tribe? Are you going to be upset if they just "randomly" PK you, even though it's not really random...? When you think about PK'ing in a game that has player-looting, you'll realize that most of it is not random. You're either at war, the PK'er wants your loot, or both.

It's not normally because they want to feel, as you say, "somewhat big".

JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

The orange text makes it hard to take you seriously, since it's an overzealous generalization. Ever think that they just wanted your loot? (Meaningful PvP)

Going back and forth on the subject isn't going to give a very good explanation. You're pressing for a PvE, too, which shows how much you don't like it (which is fine).
    I'm not going back and forth. I've stated many times I find PvP boring and not fun. And in this post I said the same. Not liking something is not the same as hating it. I don't hate PvP as long as it has meaning, I hate random PKing.

You can't have an open-PvP MMO and not expect to be ganked pretty often. The dev said it will be balanced so that good and evil players have fun. That means there will be advantages and disadvantages for both sides. If you're too harsh to the evil players, then they are not going to have fun. Going evil is a penalty in itself, anyway.

What's going to happen if numerous tribes declare war on your tribe? Are you going to be upset if they just "randomly" PK you, even though it's not really random...? When you think about PK'ing in a game that has player-looting, you'll realize that most of it is not random. You're either at war, the PK'er wants your loot, or both.

First, I added to my post during you were writing your reply, sorry about that. That added PS replies to your thoughts about ganking.

I give you an example about random PKing, the one I hate. It happened not in a sandbox game, so I'm not saying it would work the same way in Xsyon.

I was training in a game, fighting 3 mobs at the same time. I was white named, the game assured players with white names that they won't drop ANYTHING if they die. Another player was training nearby, he waited till my Hitpoints went under 50%, and attacked me. I still was fighting the 3 mobs, so I couldn't take care of him :P I died without even hitting back ( why to get red name anyway), I didn't loose anything, he didn't gain anything. ( No reputation gain, no loot, no exp).

Now tell me, what any other reason he might have had than feeling big or letting out frustration ? ( I was kind of new in that game, not a member of any clan, and never seen that guy before, he didn't know me either.)

If a tribe declare war on my tribe, every kill after that has a meaning, so not random at all.

Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

I'm not going back and forth. I've stated many times I find PvP boring and not fun. And in this post I said the same. Not liking something is not the same as hating it. I don't hate PvP as long as it has meaning, I hate random PKing.

First, I added to my post during you were writing your reply, sorry about that. That added PS replies to your thoughts about ganking.

I give you an example about random PKing, the one I hate. It happened not in a sandbox game, so I'm not saying it would work the same way in Xsyon.

I was training in a game, fighting 3 mobs at the same time. I was white named, the game assured players with white names that they won't drop ANYTHING if they die. Another player was training nearby, he waited till my Hitpoints went under 50%, and attacked me. I still was fighting the 3 mobs, so I couldn't take care of him :P I died without even hitting back ( why to get red name anyway), I didn't loose anything, he didn't gain anything. ( No reputation gain, no loot, no exp).

Now tell me, what any other reason he might have had than feeling big or letting out frustration ? ( I was kind of new in that game, not a member of any clan, and never seen that guy before, he didn't know me either.)

If a tribe declare war on my tribe, every kill after that has a meaning, so not random at all.
    I read your addition to the last post. It means nothing, since we have no idea what his idea of a "gankfest" is.

I have no problem with the example you gave. It was part of the game. If it wasn't, he would not have been able to attack you. Did he gain XP? PvP points? Ladder stat? Did he just not like you? Who knows. It doesn't apply to Xsyon, anyway, because you will drop your loot. That alone has meaning.

Lysette 2.0 if ya no what i mean

JCatano wrote:

I read your addition to the last post. It means nothing, since we have no idea what his idea of a "gankfest" is.

I have no problem with the example you gave. It was part of the game. If it wasn't, he would not have been able to attack you. Did he gain XP? PvP points? Ladder stat? Did he just not like you? Who knows. It doesn't apply to Xsyon, anyway, because you will drop your loot. That alone has meaning.
    I think both of us knows what is gankfest. Arguing about words is really pointless.

And lol I know you have no problem with that example, why would you, you are a PKer yourself ? As I said he gained NOTHING...no XP, no PvP points, no stats, nothing. He didn't like me for what reason ? Never seen him, never talked to him, I didn't bother him in his training, there were a lot of mobs around us. It was a totally stupid, pointless kill, with no challenge and no skill.
    A kill I would feel ashamed if it was done by me.

stanleyxd wrote:
    Lysette 2.0 if ya no what i mean
    No idea, lol.

Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

I think both of us knows what is gankfest. Arguing about words is really pointless.

And lol I know you have no problem with that example, why would you, you are a PKer yourself ? As I said he gained NOTHING...no XP, no PvP points, no stats, nothing. He didn't like me for what reason ? Never seen him, never talked to him, I didn't bother him in his training, there were a lot of mobs around us. It was a totally stupid, pointless kill, with no challenge and no skill.
    A kill I would feel ashamed if it was done by me.
    Yet, you still chose to play that game... And incorrect, I have no idea what his exact definition of a gankfest is. I can't read his mind, nor have I seen him post a definition.

And yes... Lysette 2.0 and Caella 2.0 (SWG Pre-Launch).