Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:

I can tell you whats going to stop you PKing me or anyone others all the time...its the developer, who stated he wants the PvP to be RARE.
    Jadzia wrote:

Ok. This is really the last time. I have always said I have no problem with meaningful PvP, I have problem with random PKing and ganking. And Xsyon said he wants to keep random PKing RAAAAAAAAAAAAARE !

I'm a very patient person but you really put my patience to the test lol :laugh:
    Maybe you just like to switch around terms when it fits your mean.
    To be fair, reread all of your posts. You have done it as well.

sisler86 wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:

I can tell you whats going to stop you PKing me or anyone others all the time...its the developer, who stated he wants the PvP to be RARE.
    Jadzia wrote:

Ok. This is really the last time. I have always said I have no problem with meaningful PvP, I have problem with random PKing and ganking. And Xsyon said he wants to keep random PKing RAAAAAAAAAAAAARE !

I'm a very patient person but you really put my patience to the test lol :laugh:
    Only in relation to her going back and forth. I know what they mean to me (as I posted already), but figured it would be easier to go along with her idea of it. Simpleton tactic.

stanleyxd wrote:
    i will gladly randomly pk you because well i am just that frustrated IRL grrr!

how should we call the folks that play those games only for friendship and crafting? jobless people with no friends? comon now
    Hmm do you PK someone when you know you won't get anything out of it ? No loot, no exp, no reputation, absolutely nothing. Whats the reason for the PK then ? ( lets say you have never seen that person before, not in war with his clan, nothing, a totally stranger)

If you are not tired even of the thoughts of it you can read back and you will see what did I mean by random PK But do it only if you have a good sense of humor, this thread really needs that :cheer:

Dear lord he is trolling you.

He has no desire to see your point of view nor open his mind up to alternatives. He is just using semantics to get you to keep going, you were right this thread is completely pointless. Everything has been said, and none of it matters, not from anyone. Just wait for the game, if it's not what you want so be it. They obviously have a plan, see what it is about complaining one way or another. No one here can concretely say what the game is going to be like yet.

but ffs stop feeding the troll, 50 pages is way too much. This thread should be on the Junk pile.

JCatano wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:

Jadzia wrote:

Only in relation to her going back and forth. I know what they mean to me (as I posted already), but figured it would be easier to go along with her idea of it. Simpleton tactic.
    I'm not going back and forth. I keep saying the same thing lol what you don't want to understand so you start to pick on words :P Xsyon stated that PvP shouldn't be the main element of the game, and he stated that he wants ganking to be rare. These are the 2 facts what count for me, and clear it up for everyone who is willing to read it.

These are the facts you can't accept, thats why you start endless debates on words.

jessebfox wrote:

He has no desire to see your point of view nor open his mind up to alternatives. He is just using semantics to get you to keep going, you were right this thread is completely pointless. Everything has been said, and none of it matters, not from anyone. Just wait for the game, if it's not what you want so be it. They obviously have a plan, see what it is about complaining one way or another. No one here can concretely say what the game is going to be like yet.

but ffs stop feeding the troll, 50 pages is way too much. This thread should be on the Junk pile.
    I came to the same conclusion lol :laugh: No one can be that stupid so he is only trolling :P

Jadzia wrote:
    Gosh. I've never said that. I said RANDOM PKers are people who are frustrated in real life, and they want to let out their frustrations on other players, or want to feel big that way. And I gave you an example about a random, totally meaningless PK...I won't repeat it again.

About the other questions, its really not my fault if you can't read.
    Whoa. This kind of gross and unsubstantiated generalization is what prolongs this circular discussion. As much of a generalization as me saying those that don't like to be surprisingly engaged in combat by another player without some type of 'approval switch' or 'harsh consequence' for not being a tethered mob on a leash, are nothing more than children that cry on the play-ground when their 'tagged' to be 'it', placing them in some inferiority category of being a loser; which is why players that don’t like non-consensual pvp look for pve games, they want to always be on the winning side of a game-play fight.

The reality is that in a more PvP environment (like EVE) where there is player interaction against players, the gaming environment become more dynamic, more alive, more engaging. Communities of like minded players flourish and gel more. There are unclear distinctions between safety and danger when you venture into a space that offers more reward of resources, but at the same time, more game-play risk.

Non-consensual PvP keeps the whole community awake. Evil roles should not be penalized and more or less than choosing a good role. There have got to be consequences and rewards for both. Again, consequences and rewards for being both good and evil.

So, non-consensual conflict matters. It is what drives communities to rally to get emotionally and intellectually involved. It’s not about a fight between Hard-Core PKs or PvP enthusiasts or PvE enthusiasts who think PvPers are out to get them…this issue is fundamental for the gaming in general, the longevity of the game…the replayability, immersiveness, unpredictability, suspenseful nature and contributes to the need to come into and belong to a community – not to mention the stimulation and progress in mmorpg gaming that it favors. EVE has done it best, and to me, Darkfall is the most exhausting.

Jadzia wrote:
    jessebfox wrote:

I came to the same conclusion lol :laugh: No one can be that stupid so he is only trolling :P
    Stupid?

A troll would be someone who asks for a PvE server, then asks for PvP zones/flags, then says they dislike PvP, then says they are "ok" with meaningful PvP, then says they do not like random PK's, then says "PvP players want to force their playstyle into others, only seeing their own fun" (actual quote), then says the dev stated PvP will be rare (which was incorrect), then says the dev stated PK's will be rare, and finally resorts to name-calling.

All while wanting to play an open-PvP game.

JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    jessebfox wrote:

Stupid?

A troll would be someone who asks for a PvE server, then asks for PvP zones/flags, then says they dislike PvP, then says they are "ok" with meaningful PvP, then says they do not like random PK's, then says "PvP players want to force their playstyle into others, only seeing their own fun" (actual quote), then says the dev stated PvP will be rare (which was incorrect), then says the dev stated PK's will be rare, and finally resorts to name-calling.

I didn't ask for a PVE server first, it was Xsyon's own idea I'd like PvP zones, whats wrong with suggestions about a game ? All the rest I said means the same you just don't want to understand

And I didn't say you were stupid....I said the opposite Wish you had some Vulcan blood in you, your logic needs some improvement :P

Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    jessebfox wrote:

Stupid?

I didn't ask for a PVE server first, it was Xsyon's own idea I'd like PvP zones, whats wrong with suggestions about a game ? All the rest I said means the same you just don't want to understand

And I didn't say you were stupid....I said the opposite Wish you had some Vulcan blood in you, your logic needs some improvement :P
    That is the most ironic thing you've said (so far).