Page 75 of 77 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    This is a matter of opinion.

I cant stand CS style games anymore, because sitting around doing nothing for 3-5 minutes is pretty fucking lame. A death penalty doesn't make a game more intense. It makes it more stressful.

I've had way more TENSE matches playing bomb match in halo2/3 than I ever have in CS or any other CS style game.
    I guess it would be but I don't see your point. thesaurus.com puts tense as a synonymn of stressful, so not sure what you are getting at.

But of course it's all a matter of play style. Some people like getting health regens, and pickups, and running and gunning etc, and others prefer to sit and watch for 3 mins if they made a mistake and died early.

Lawl, foreign dude.

Tense as in stressful, or maybe Intense. He's had more fun in Halo2/3 than CS style games.
    Mostly agree.

Jeopardy wrote:
    1. He receives a chain link attached to his ankle. Each link he wears slows his movement speed down. He can have a maximum of 10 before he can no longer walk at more than crawl speed. He can have a blacksmith remove the links, one per RL hour. However, the blacksmith would earn some form of bad reputation for each link removed and thus, also earn links after so many are removed for others. Once the player is maxed out (10 links) that player can also be captured easily and placed in jail.
    Why don't we have a HUGE arrow (200 meter high)on the head that all player can see and then a sign on it with KILL ME.

Nhaa, i can't even see why you even consider to play a game that
    has world pvp.

PVP games is for players that loves PVP and you should not be punished if you choose to kill an other player.
    You should be rewarded for it instead.

Illmaculate has a pix and signature and Iron Maiden has a signature of the same person (goofy teeth and all). Who is this guy? I'm thinking he has to be a comedian but I never saw him before.
    Beetlejuice, he's done various spots on Howard Stern and a little cameo in Scary Movie 2, as Shorty's 'brain on drugs'.

Visitor

Thanks ChildOfXsyon.

Firefork wrote:
    Jeopardy wrote:
    1. He receives a chain link attached to his ankle. Each link he wears slows his movement speed down. He can have a maximum of 10 before he can no longer walk at more than crawl speed. He can have a blacksmith remove the links, one per RL hour. However, the blacksmith would earn some form of bad reputation for each link removed and thus, also earn links after so many are removed for others. Once the player is maxed out (10 links) that player can also be captured easily and placed in jail.
    Why don't we have a HUGE arrow (200 meter high)on the head that all player can see and then a sign on it with KILL ME.

has world pvp.

PVP games is for players that loves PVP and you should not be punished if you choose to kill an other player.
    This is not a PvP game. This is a game that includes PvP. There is a difference. From what I have read (and experienced through gameplay) so far is that this is a game that is focused more on scavenging, building, and living amongst a society and rebuilding communities. Of course fighting and war will be part of it, but that's not even close to the intent or focal point of the game.

I do agree though, I don't think that a PK should be THAT restricted for attacking someone.

sisler86 wrote:
    Firefork wrote:
    Jeopardy wrote:

has world pvp.

This is not a PvP game. This is a game that includes PvP. There is a difference. From what I have read (and experienced through gameplay) so far is that this is a game that is focused more on scavenging, building, and living amongst a society and rebuilding communities. Of course fighting and war will be part of it, but that's not even close to the intent or focal point of the game.

I do agree though, I don't think that a PK should be THAT restricted for attacking someone.
    pking should have absolutely no restrictions what so ever... it should have consequences but no restrictions. the game mechanics should act like the laws of physics, defining what you can do but not defining what you can't do... they should not be made in attempt to prevent people from playing how they like to play regardless of how they play.

necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Firefork wrote:
    Jeopardy wrote:

has world pvp.

pking should have absolutely no restrictions what so ever... it should have consequences but no restrictions. the game mechanics should act like the laws of physics, defining what you can do but not defining what you can't do... they should not be made in attempt to prevent people from playing how they like to play regardless of how they play.
    I understand what you are trying to say, but respectfully disagree for these reasons:

You are using realistic terms such as the law of physics to support an unrealistic point of view. In real life, you are able to commit some sort of crime if you desire and there are consequences, but there are also restrictions in place to prevent people from doing this such as laws, rules, and so forth.

Also, there is one inconsistency with your example. The Law of Physics does indeed tell us what we can do, but everything that is left are the things that we cannot do. Those are also known as restrictions.

I would rather see restrictions preventing PK'ing rather than just consequences because even though PK'ing technically is a playstyle, people's rights end where another's begin. I do not support a playstyle (especially not one that is an extreme minority) that hinders the playstyles of others.

I'm not saying that you are totally wrong, just that I disagree. We could continue to debate this until we are blue in the face though. It's just a matter of opinion.

There is also one fundamental difference, you can actually break laws imposed upon society. If you break a law of physics, I would give you a nobel prize in physics, i.e. physics laws cannot be easily broken like laws on society.

sisler86 wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Firefork wrote:
    Jeopardy wrote:

has world pvp.

I understand what you are trying to say, but respectfully disagree for these reasons:

You are using realistic terms such as the law of physics to support an unrealistic point of view. In real life, you are able to commit some sort of crime if you desire and there are consequences, but there are also restrictions in place to prevent people from doing this such as laws, rules, and so forth.

Also, there is one inconsistency with your example. The Law of Physics does indeed tell us what we can do, but everything that is left are the things that we cannot do. Those are also known as restrictions.

I would rather see restrictions preventing PK'ing rather than just consequences because even though PK'ing technically is a playstyle, people's rights end where another's begin. I do not support a playstyle (especially not one that is an extreme minority) that hinders the playstyles of others.

I'm not saying that you are totally wrong, just that I disagree. We could continue to debate this until we are blue in the face though. It's just a matter of opinion.
    laws and rules are not restrictions they are merely laws and rules. there is nothing in place preventing one from disobeying these laws... however when you do so you will be affected by the consequences of those actions... regardless these things were placed by the people of this world, these things are not the "game mechanics" of the world but rather something the people placed in order to make people less likely to commit such acts. similarly the game mechanics must not act like a government but rather merely define what is "physically possible" and leave the governing to the people who play the game.

as i said the laws of physics tell us what we can do, and you say that everything that is left is what we cannot do... if that is the case then we cannot be in two places at once... now of course logically we cannot be in two places at once however lets dumb it down a bit. atoms and other subatomic particles are in a constant state of flux, they are always in at least two places at once. welcome to the world of quantum physics, just because it is illogical does not mean it is impossible.