JCatano wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Crunch wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Crunch wrote:
    sisler86 wrote:
    Kyrmius wrote:
    Palo god wrote:
    Freaking hippies and their free love and pseudo wisdom.
    lol

I will make sure I avoid the world of Xsyon.
    I wouldn't let some of these others players on here ruin your experience. Not all players in this community are focused on PvP. In fact, there are several tribes like Nomads of Xsyon or Hopi that are primarily peaceful tribes. If you do decide to give the game a try, you should check one of us out. NoX would love to have someone like you as an addition and you'd never have to PvP if you do not wish to.
    Yeah, but don't lie. All you carebear tribes will eventually fall to the power of my massive hammer of justice force x22
    You really think that a tribe focused solely on crafting and and progression isn't going to be prepared for a fight?

If anything we'll all leave before we are taken over.
    You mean you'll notice the downfall rising and say you just want to quit before it gets rough? yeah, it's been done,
    lol, that's not quite what I meant, no.

1. PvP's and Non-PvP's do not play well
    2. Non-PvP's get tired of being dragged into PvP and leave because they are not having fun.
    3. PvP's get bored because the game feels empty without the Non-PvP's
    4. Game fails

It's the old "yet another failed attempt at a sandbox" routine.
    EVE isn't having any problems.
    True, but the EVE universe is huge. It's large enough for Non-PvP's to not feel bothered.

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

let me remind you that this game will have an ever expanding world... it should be big enough to house the intentionally small amount of people that will be playing this game

necoo wrote:
    let me remind you that this game will have an ever expanding world... it should be big enough to house the intentionally small amount of people that will be playing this game
    But will it grow at a comfortable rate for the Non-PvP's to not feel bothered? It can grow all it wants, but if the Non-PvP's leave before then, then it's all for nothing. Hopefully the minuscule size of the starting community is diverse enough to not make this a PvP dominated game.

sisler86 wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    But will it grow at a comfortable rate for the Non-PvP's to not feel bothered? It can grow all it wants, but if the Non-PvP's leave before then, then it's all for nothing. Hopefully the minuscule size of the starting community is diverse enough to not make this a PvP dominated game.
    Seeing the techniques and features the developers are building into the game to avoid griefing and ganking, I'm not worried anymore. I think it won't be the non-PvPers who are gonna leave, more the pure PKers who won't find this game fun ( I mean the players who are not interested in any feature but Pking).

Jadzia wrote:
    Seeing the techniques and features the developers are building into the game to avoid griefing and ganking, I'm not worried anymore. I think it won't be the non-PvPers who are gonna leave, more the pure PKers who won't find this game fun ( I mean the players who are not interested in any feature but Pking).
    If you mean the players who only want to target easy targets because they can't handle competitive pvp, you might well be right.

The sort of people who hang around newbie zones to grief new players will probably find this game not as fun as other games that encourage that playstyle.

I'm sure there will be more than enough pvp to satisfy serious pvpers.

Reynolds wrote:
    If you mean the players who only want to target easy targets because they can't handle competitive pvp, you might well be right.

The sort of people who hang around newbie zones to grief new players will probably find this game not as fun as other games that encourage that playstyle.
    Exactly, I meant these type of players.

JCatano wrote:
    EVE isn't having any problems.
    EVE has huge carebear safe zones...

problem is, there is more or less no way to "deal" with pk's/gankers in game which doesnt have permadeath (or at least jail where you can throw captured pk for extensive period of time when he/she wouldnt be able to do anything at all)
    i would deal with it this way:
    there would be 3 types of players:
    1. "white" - nonpvper
    2. "blue" - pvper (switched on pvp flag, cd to turn it off would be 1hr)
    3. "red" - pk (red flag would go off after 24 hr since last PK kill)

killing red player would be ok and anyone could do it (only if it would do white player, it would turn on his pvp flag)
    killing blue player would be also ok, but if a white player would attack blue player, it would turn on pvp flag with 2hrs cd
    killing white player would give you a red PK flag.

what is the catch? if you die as a red flagged PK, there would be 1% chance of permadeath

Benedikt wrote:
    problem is, there is more or less no way to "deal" with pk's/gankers in game which doesnt have permadeath (or at least jail where you can throw captured pk for extensive period of time when he/she wouldnt be able to do anything at all)
    i would deal with ok this way:
    1. "white" - nonpvper

killing red player would be ok and anyone could do it (only if it would do white player, it would turn on his pvp flag)
    killing blue player would be also ok, but if a white player would attack blue player, it would turn on pvp flag with 2hrs cd

what is the catch? if you die as a red flagged PK, there would be 1% chance of permadeath
    Permadeath is just stupid. Just make is so that reds are ffa without any downside and you get 12 hours per kill so if you kill 10 persons you get 120 hours of beeing red.

Largion wrote:
    Benedikt wrote:
    i would deal with ok this way:
    1. "white" - nonpvper

Permadeath is just stupid. Just make is so that reds are ffa without any downside and you get 12 hours per kill so if you kill 10 persons you get 120 hours of beeing red.
    and? what would be the point? what would be the difference between being red and blue? why you would want NOT to be red all the time if you like pvp?