Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:

Though it did have PvP, it did not have OPen World PvP..yet it still failed.

You think Open World PvP is more attractive to the Crafter types then localized PvP?

Fe had 45k forum users at release, Xsyon has 2400 and release is, what, 2 weeks away?

Get rid of the Open World PvP and I will pre-order tommorrow, keep it and never see me or my money again.

Crafting and Open World PvP do not go together. Simple as that.
    i see that someone fails to realize that this is a post-apocalyptic game... have you ever seen a non-violent post-apocalyptic game... just look at fall out, you don't go around all happy happy, you go around blasting people with mini-nukes and watching them go boom in all the blood and gore that you would only see in the most pleasant of nightmares.
    As a Day 1 Alpha Tester/Player for Fallen Earth, yes, I know what it means to play that type of game.

How is FE doing now?

What's wrong with world PvP??

Look at WoW fanboys, being a Ex player myself... All i ever hear about is people crying that world pvp is dead.

Once world pvp is taken out of a game there's really no need for it to be played - If darkfall had instanced pvp it wouldn't of been played at all.

INB4 "Well xsyon isn't darkfall" No shit, all i'm trying to say you have PvP players and Pve/crafters (I like both).. Never have i once seen a post about how this game wont have open world pvp (other than tribe safe zones) But clearly that's not good enough for some people eh?

Kunra wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:

Though it did have PvP, it did not have OPen World PvP..yet it still failed.

You think Open World PvP is more attractive to the Crafter types then localized PvP?

Fe had 45k forum users at release, Xsyon has 2400 and release is, what, 2 weeks away?

Get rid of the Open World PvP and I will pre-order tommorrow, keep it and never see me or my money again.

Crafting and Open World PvP do not go together. Simple as that.
    i see that someone fails to realize that this is a post-apocalyptic game... have you ever seen a non-violent post-apocalyptic game... just look at fall out, you don't go around all happy happy, you go around blasting people with mini-nukes and watching them go boom in all the blood and gore that you would only see in the most pleasant of nightmares.
    As a Day 1 Alpha Tester/Player for Fallen Earth, yes, I know what it means to play that type of game.

How is FE doing now?
    yes yes we all know about your crappy FE obsession... anyway it might not be doing to well but can you really contribute it all to open pvp... oh and here is another example dark fall is doing quite well and it is open pvp... as such you cannot contribute a games failure, or success based on one aspect of the game... anyway i don't really see much of a difference from pvp and pve in the first place, what if there was advanced npc that would grow in strength, attack you, and even steal your stuff... would that npc be any different that if a regular player attacked you, killed you and stole your stuff. in the end it is all the same the only difference now is that players are able to attack you just like animals and other npc

Jadzia wrote:
    Lol if thats implying to you that I said he can't attack me, then its no wonder we argue so much...you read something else not what I've written. So further debate is pointless
    Then, why would he need to read Xsyon's posts? Xsyon never said you couldn't attack or kill someone.

Kunra -

FE may not be doing well, because it sucks. I played it. It is just not a good game, in my opinion, and it's not because it has PvP.

One reason Xsyon has 2400 registered forum members is because the game was intentionally kept under wraps. I think Xsyon even made a post about it. It should be somewhere around here. Most of us found out about this game around 6-8 weeks ago.

Darkfall had 300,000+ registered forum members and has open-PvP/full-loot. While it is currently hurting population-wise, it's not because of PK/loot. DF's main problems are the grind, and no depth with relation to character development and crafting. Also, not much "fluff". There's nothing interesting to do in DF except PvP.

Open PvP is a niche market, especially with looting, but there is a place for it.

necoo wrote:
    Once again you are overestimation people i believe i have already explained that such idealistic peace will never happen. even today it is far from peaceful, whatever peace we do have is only here because of the fear of complete annihilation due to nuclear weapons... without that we would undoubtedly be in war world 3 already. History itself can even tell you never once since the dawn of time has there been peace, since the begging of man their have always been disputes, these disputes eventually lead to fights, and then people die, we have always found ways to kill others weather it be merely killing them by hand or by blasting them with explosives, in the end these fights eventually lead to war, the true embodiment of chaos. "Chaos simply doesn't work in long term" huh... is that really so, then what has the world been experiencing all this time if not chaos? Well i say to you that chaos is the naturally state of the universe. The stars, the sky, and even the heavens themselves are in a constant state of chaos. Our earth, our moon, our sun, our solar system, our galaxy, our universe... it was all formed, and is continuing to be formed due to this constant state of chaos. It is peace that is unnatural and it is peace that cannot work in the long term, even if it is feasible the people of the world will not allow it disputes will always arise and that is the beginning of chaos, it is in our blood, and fighting our blood will prove fruitless. Such a pity that any glimpse of order, no matter how strong it is, is so easily shattered.
    No, you misunderstood me. I didn't talk about war, I was talking about criminals inside a society. Wars have always happened and will always happen, humankind doesn't learn :P
    What I meant that a society can't exist in long term if there are no rules and laws. You can't just walk up to your neighbour and kill him because he has a better car and you want it. This type of behavior has always been severely punished during the history, not counting short periods of chaoses here and there. A society can't prosper and grow in chaos, so making rules and forcing them to keep it isn't some naive unrealistic philosophy, its necessary for surviving.

On a side note, you are very wrong about planets and stars being in chaos, they are under very strict physical and astronomical laws.

Is it just me or has this thread become completely useless?

What is this all about? What is the definition of "chaos" in these posts? Mathematical chaos theory? Do we have a Ph.D. from MIT here? Oh... look at those spelling errors... No, I think not.

Those "philosophical" questions should be left alone... and :laugh:.

EDIT: I didn't mean you, dear Jadzi

Actually three isolated bodies acting in each others gravitational fields strictly speaking are "chaotic" as their exact motions are not predictable.

Over the course of a year these difference between the prediction and reality will be negligible. These negligible differences will grow and grow, meaning in 250,000 years our predictions are near enough useless.

Chaotic just means a system is unpredictable, the time scale at which the predictions a reality diverge do no determine how "chaotic" a system is.

That's your physics lesson for the day!

Jadzia wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Once again you are overestimation people i believe i have already explained that such idealistic peace will never happen. even today it is far from peaceful, whatever peace we do have is only here because of the fear of complete annihilation due to nuclear weapons... without that we would undoubtedly be in war world 3 already. History itself can even tell you never once since the dawn of time has there been peace, since the begging of man their have always been disputes, these disputes eventually lead to fights, and then people die, we have always found ways to kill others weather it be merely killing them by hand or by blasting them with explosives, in the end these fights eventually lead to war, the true embodiment of chaos. "Chaos simply doesn't work in long term" huh... is that really so, then what has the world been experiencing all this time if not chaos? Well i say to you that chaos is the naturally state of the universe. The stars, the sky, and even the heavens themselves are in a constant state of chaos. Our earth, our moon, our sun, our solar system, our galaxy, our universe... it was all formed, and is continuing to be formed due to this constant state of chaos. It is peace that is unnatural and it is peace that cannot work in the long term, even if it is feasible the people of the world will not allow it disputes will always arise and that is the beginning of chaos, it is in our blood, and fighting our blood will prove fruitless. Such a pity that any glimpse of order, no matter how strong it is, is so easily shattered.
    No, you misunderstood me. I didn't talk about war, I was talking about criminals inside a society. Wars have always happened and will always happen, humankind doesn't learn :P
    What I meant that a society can't exist in long term if there are no rules and laws. You can't just walk up to your neighbour and kill him because he has a better car and you want it. This type of behavior has always been severely punished during the history, not counting short periods of chaoses here and there. A society can't prosper and grow in chaos, so making rules and forcing them to keep it isn't some naive unrealistic philosophy, its necessary for surviving.

On a side note, you are very wrong about planets and stars being in chaos, they are under very strict physical and astronomical laws.
    there is little difference between war and crime.. in the end countries steal land and resources from other countries just as one would steal a car from another human... just as most countries are not punished for their actions the majority of crime is left unpunished for long periods of time.

also the universe itself is in a constant state of chaos... although it is governed by the laws of physics, or perhaps i should say because it is governed by the laws of physics that this chaos can still rain supreme... stars my seem to be peaceful for long periods of time but a closer look will prove otherwise constant destructive flares from their service, its energy comes from nuclear fusion such a powerful and destructive force that is. pull back a little bit and you will see that it is surrounded by billions of rocks. we have named them planet, asteroids, meteors, and comets. these things tumble and crash into one another creating explosive energies at a large scale. pull back even further and you will see a galaxy with billions of stars these stars spin around a super massive black hole and then there is many more black holes scattered around the galaxy... if one of these stars come close to one, destroyed will that star be... and even without that influence stars eventually die and explode in massive explosions called super novas and in some cases result in a new black hole. pull back even further and you will see a universe which was formed by an explosion on a scale in and of itself called the big bang, further more the galaxies sometimes collide with each other merging and in the process billions of stars die... in short the universe is in a constant state of chaos

necoo wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    there is little difference between war and crime.. in the end countries steal land and resources from other countries just as one would steal a car from another human... just as most countries are not punished for their actions the majority of crime is left unpunished for long periods of time.
    This is a very interesting and uncommon point of view about war, and I can't say I'm not agreeing with you...still in a game war and random PKing makes a huge difference.

About the universe lol....something being in change doesn't mean at all its in chaos.

Jadzia wrote:
    About the universe lol....something being in change doesn't mean at all its in chaos.
    Only if the differential equations governing them have no exact solution.