Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Kunra -

Fallen Earth does not have open-PvP.

Anyway... Jadzia, he will be able to plant your face in the dirt at any time if he doesn't mind dealing with the consequences.
    Since the combat system isn't done yet, and the former posts said he wouldn't be able to, what did you base your statement on?
    Where does it say you can't attack anyone you want? (Besides towns for "early" Prelude.)

You can't start this, again, just because Xsyon's "run" speed change post in reference to combat-mode was deleted in the rollback, as was the post from rosso(?) that said he was able to catch up to players about 50% of the time. It came down to stamina management.
    You can attack of course, but that doesn't mean he can 'plant your face in the dirt at any time'. Being able to attack doesn't mean being able to win or even to fight till the end every time.

Xsyon didn't say a word about combat movement speed in his post. He said 'players are able to run every direction in combat mode now.' If they haven't been able to run forward before then yes, this means they can move faster in combat now, but if they haven been, this only means that they are able to run into a new direction now (like aside or back).

And if the handicap is stamina based or speed based it really doesn't matter...the point is that there is handicap for the attackers.

Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Kunra -

Anyway... Jadzia, he will be able to plant your face in the dirt at any time if he doesn't mind dealing with the consequences.
    Since the combat system isn't done yet, and the former posts said he wouldn't be able to, what did you base your statement on?
    Where does it say you can't attack anyone you want? (Besides towns for "early" Prelude.)

You can't start this, again, just because Xsyon's "run" speed change post in reference to combat-mode was deleted in the rollback, as was the post from rosso(?) that said he was able to catch up to players about 50% of the time. It came down to stamina management.
    You can attack of course, but that doesn't mean he can 'plant your face in the dirt at any time'. Being able to attack doesn't mean being able to win or even to fight till the end every time.

Xsyon didn't say a word about combat movement speed in his post. He said 'players are able to run every direction in combat mode now.' If they haven't been able to run forward before then yes, this means they can move faster in combat now, but if they haven been, this only means that they are able to run into a new direction now (like aside or back).

And if the handicap is stamina based or speed based it really doesn't matter...the point is that there is handicap for the attackers.
    Your reply to Okie implied he couldn't even attack you.

Yes, Xsyon did mention it. In the patch notes and the "Combat Changes" thread he said "players are now allowed to run in all directions while in combat-mode". (Paraphrased). That means they were not allowed to run in all directions while in combat-mode before. Then, r0ss0 expanded on that with his examples of how he could now catch up to people about 50% of the time, which was not possible to do before the change.

You even realized this in that thread, since you replied to Palo about something with regard to "running" versus "sprinting" when he said you wouldn't be able to run away, anymore.

Kunra wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Kunra -

Though it did have PvP, it did not have OPen World PvP..yet it still failed.
    What makes you think FE failed?
    As far as i know, it's going pretty well...

VowOfSilence wrote:
    Kunra wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Kunra -

What makes you think FE failed?
    As far as i know, it's going pretty well...
    Icarus announced a "restructuring" of the entire company(corporate speak for "we canned alot of folks). "restructuring" also is synonomis with Chapter 11.

Most rumors have the staff loss at 80% of all staff. Officially, they have stated they "downsized" to a total of 28 Devs.

Add the fact that the Test servers currently have the next NGE of mmo's due to go live soon with less then 2 weeks testing, you do the math.

JCatano wrote:
    Your reply to Okie implied he couldn't even attack you.
    Okie wrote:
    If i see some1 pven or wearing or gathering something I want I will kill him.
    I replied to this, saying its not sure he will be able to do that.

Yes, Xsyon did mention it. In the patch notes and the "Combat Changes" thread he said "players are now allowed to run in all directions while in combat-mode". (Paraphrased). That means they were not allowed to run in all directions while in combat-mode before.
    Hmm, lol, did you read my post ? I said the exactly same, and wrote 2 conclusions...only 1 of them means they can be faster now.

Then, r0ss0 expanded on that with his examples of how he could now catch up to people about 50% of the time, which was not possible to do before the change.
    I'm not sure about that, this should be tested better, because friends said that out of combat mode they were able to run like "energized bunnies" lol. Thats obviously a bug, so things will change I'm sure.I'm looking forward to see more posts about this from players actually in game.

You even realized this in that thread, since you replied to Palo about something with regard to "running" versus "sprinting" when he said you wouldn't be able to run away, anymore.
    You are mixing me up with someone else, I've never said anything like that

Kunra wrote:

You think Open World PvP is more attractive to the Crafter types then localized PvP?

Fe had 45k forum users at release, Xsyon has 2400 and release is, what, 2 weeks away?

Get rid of the Open World PvP and I will pre-order tommorrow, keep it and never see me or my money again.

Crafting and Open World PvP do not go together. Simple as that.
    i see that someone fails to realize that this is a post-apocalyptic game... have you ever seen a non-violent post-apocalyptic game... just look at fall out, you don't go around all happy happy, you go around blasting people with mini-nukes and watching them go boom in all the blood and gore that you would only see in the most pleasant of nightmares.

Jadzia wrote:
    Its not sure that you'll be able to do that in Xsyon, and since you said you ordered the game when you were drunk and you kind of know nothing about it, I suggest you to start reading Xsyon's posts
    If that isn't implying he has no idea about the mechanics and wouldn't be able to attack you, then... Yeah.

You said:

"Xsyon didn't say a word about combat movement speed in his post." - Jadzia

I told you where he did post it (in two places). There were many posts after the change, and a whole lot of happy people (except you). He also said other tweaks would be coming and that more suggestions (like more stamina use while swinging and running/sprinting) would possibly be tried.

About r0ss0 (99% sure it was him - could of been that reuben guy - something with an "r")... You aren't sure about what? He said he was able to catch up about 50% of the time while in combat-mode, which felt about right to him. Seems fair to me.

And, nope... Not mixing you up. Palo called you out by name, and you came in and made a reply about "run" not meaning "sprint" or something along those lines.

necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:

You think Open World PvP is more attractive to the Crafter types then localized PvP?

Fe had 45k forum users at release, Xsyon has 2400 and release is, what, 2 weeks away?

Get rid of the Open World PvP and I will pre-order tommorrow, keep it and never see me or my money again.

i see that someone fails to realize that this is a post-apocalyptic game... have you ever seen a non-violent post-apocalyptic game... just look at fall out, you don't go around all happy happy, you go around blasting people with mini-nukes and watching them go boom in all the blood and gore that you would only see in the most pleasant of nightmares.
    Lol don't we players keep complaining about that games are the same old same old...and now you are saying a post-apocalyptic game can only be done one way ? If there are so many games with the same setting, why to make another one ? Its better to create something new and fresh. After a real apocalyps after a short period of chaos people would reorganize society, law and order...chaos simply doesn't work in long term. Only a small amount of the populations are criminals, and they would be hunted down fast or would be forced to live in outlaw areas.

JCatano wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Its not sure that you'll be able to do that in Xsyon, and since you said you ordered the game when you were drunk and you kind of know nothing about it, I suggest you to start reading Xsyon's posts
    If that isn't implying he has no idea about the mechanics and wouldn't be able to attack you, then... Yeah.
    Lol if thats implying to you that I said he can't attack me, then its no wonder we argue so much...you read something else not what I've written. So further debate is pointless

Jadzia wrote:
    necoo wrote:
    Kunra wrote:

Lol don't we players keep complaining about that games are the same old same old...and now you are saying a post-apocalyptic game can only be done one way ? If there are so many games with the same setting, why to make another one ? Its better to create something new and fresh. After a real apocalyps after a short period of chaos people would reorganize society, law and order...chaos simply doesn't work in long term. Only a small amount of the populations are criminals, and they would be hunted down fast or would be forced to live in outlaw areas.
    Once again you are overestimation people i believe i have already explained that such idealistic peace will never happen. even today it is far from peaceful, whatever peace we do have is only here because of the fear of complete annihilation due to nuclear weapons... without that we would undoubtedly be in war world 3 already. History itself can even tell you never once since the dawn of time has there been peace, since the begging of man their have always been disputes, these disputes eventually lead to fights, and then people die, we have always found ways to kill others weather it be merely killing them by hand or by blasting them with explosives, in the end these fights eventually lead to war, the true embodiment of chaos. "Chaos simply doesn't work in long term" huh... is that really so, then what has the world been experiencing all this time if not chaos? Well i say to you that chaos is the naturally state of the universe. The stars, the sky, and even the heavens themselves are in a constant state of chaos. Our earth, our moon, our sun, our solar system, our galaxy, our universe... it was all formed, and is continuing to be formed due to this constant state of chaos. It is peace that is unnatural and it is peace that cannot work in the long term, even if it is feasible the people of the world will not allow it disputes will always arise and that is the beginning of chaos, it is in our blood, and fighting our blood will prove fruitless. Such a pity that any glimpse of order, no matter how strong it is, is so easily shattered.