Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:PvP vs. PK and some general impressions

Jeopardy wrote:

1. He receives a chain link attached to his ankle. Each link he wears slows his movement speed down. He can have a maximum of 10 before he can no longer walk at more than crawl speed. He can have a blacksmith remove the links, one per RL hour. However, the blacksmith would earn some form of bad reputation for each link removed and thus, also earn links after so many are removed for others. Once the player is maxed out (10 links) that player can also be captured easily and placed in jail.

I prefer choice...if I want to PvP or not, I say yes or no. But if that can't be here, then please...make sure the cost to the PK'r equals the loss of the player being pk'd.

Bottom line, I don't want to lose hours of work. In fact, I can say that I won't do it for long if it happens.

Just my thoughts. :S
    I love your idea #1 :laugh: It would just be great to see those gankers to crawl around with huge chains on their ankle...the best feature ever ! And I agree with what you wrote, I think every player should have the freedom to chose if they want to PvP or not.

Xsyon Citizen

Also if your pk'ed, ruining your rep to the point of not being able to deal with the NPC merchants, being KOS to NPC's. is nice as well..PROVIDED its a single toon server, if its not you can bypass all negatives cause the bad toon will never really be punished.

Your #1 idea is a nice touch i have to say, slow you down and stick out like a soar thumb..nice

masic

It sounds like you dont like consequence gaming and should stick to a mostly PVE game.

I agree that if you are going to risk mining for 4 hours straight(probably unattended), without banking, thats your fault. Not the games or the player that happens to stumble across a weighted down opponent.

If you feel you're in danger. Bank. If you have reached a certain limited of wealth that would really suck to lose. Bank. See someone/hear someone coming? Hide/Run until you find out who they are.

I think there is a difference between me pvping your ass down in the wilds and pking. Pking to me is someone that runs around "searching" for people to jump and would gladly kill you over and over if he came back to the same area 20 minutes later and saw you mining again.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    I think there is a difference between me pvping your ass down in the wilds and pking. Pking to me is someone that runs around "searching" for people to jump and would gladly kill you over and over if he came back to the same area 20 minutes later and saw you mining again.

you would blame a player who returned to a place where he knew he could collect 20 minutes of mining in a few seconds of pvp? That still seems like the harvesters spot. Get hit where you are, change locations next time.

PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    It sounds like you dont like consequence gaming and should stick to a mostly PVE game.
    Many of us would do that with pleasure. Just please convince Jordi to give us a PVE only server. We won't miss PKers there...but the PvP players are going to cry that their server became empty. If PvPers are confident enough that their playstyle is the better and more enjoyable one, why are they against server split ?

Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Many of us would do that with pleasure. Just please convince Jordi to give us a PVE only server. We won't miss PKers there...but the PvP players are going to cry that their server became empty. If PvPers are confident enough that their playstyle is the better and more enjoyable one, why are they against server split ?
    They arnt against a split because of PvP, they don't want a split because thats stupid. So you would have 1 server that just builds towns, and one server that just ganks each other with their fists, naked.

PK isnt hard to avoid, unless your brain dead or something. If you are in a dangerous area, then watch your back. If your to stupid for that, then find a better spot to mine/chop/w/e

shadowlz wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    They arnt against a split because of PvP, they don't want a split because thats stupid. So you would have 1 server that just builds towns, and one server that just ganks each other with their fists, naked.
    Or they would have 2 servers where everyone plays the game in the way they like ?

Jadzia wrote:
    shadowlz wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    Or they would have 2 servers where everyone plays the game in the way they like ?
    Everyone gets to play the game they like too. Just so happens that people enjoy running along and smacking you over the head with their stone club.

I'm sorry, but this game has been described as having PVP and an open sandbox environment.
    Splitting the server would be stupid and detrimental to the game. Stop being selfish and thinking about your own playstyle while letting everyone elses die.

Everything will have its place in the game.

Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    I don't think this game is for you.

Palo god wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    PANZERBUNNY wrote:
    I don't think this game is for you.
    I'm fighting for equal rights for PvPers and carebears :P