Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to deal with a Multiple Character Server

I heard that we have 3 characters per account, but then I heard we should only have 1 because people will have an evil character or they will get into a tribe on one character, and give information to their real tribe on another character.

My solution is this.

1. Universal Alignment. If you go evil on one character, all your characters go evil.

2. Universal Tribes. Like in Guild Wars, all your characters should belong to one tribe (only taking up one slot) and if you leave that tribe on one character, all your characters leave the tribe.

We could also have last names that go across all characters. Like if I wanted my last name to be Venni, all my characters would have that last name like Joe Venni or Kevin Venni.

These are just some ideas.

Re: How to deal with a Multiple Character Server

seems pretty reasonable. I prefer having a MCS, but would be too easy to exploit in this game. But with rules like these in place, it seems any 'cheating' could be prevented.

This is how I was expecting them to release multiple characters after prelude.

Re:How to deal with a Multiple Character Server

Either this or keep it to one.

Personally I think one character per server is best anyway, because else you get people spying through alts (note: Spying legit is good, spying with an alt is bad), and you get people avoiding choice and specialization by making a Crafter, a Combat character and a Gatherer etc.

However it seems that the Xsyon devs have some special plans that involve having three characters, so that being the case I agree with the suggested terms.

I agree with this. Personally on any game, I can only focus on one character at a time anyway so it doesn't really apply to me, but I understand people that get bored with one character so yeah. I'll go with this. I especially like the last name idea. That way we know who it is even if they are on an alt.

I agree with the TC. There is no reason to allow someone to fully furnish their ostracized red PK character by having a perfectly safe crafter. All it does is encourage mindless PvP instead of meaningful PvP. When you can always get on your blue crafter in town it takes away all the real danger of being a red character.

I am not in favor of universal tribes at all, simply because most of the fun player interaction to be had in Darkfall was with spying. It isn't as simple as joining another tribe and they give you all their information, but there is a lot of politics and interaction involved to get meaningful information.

Universal alignment is pretty good, and its sort of what I thought Mortal Online would have. They mentioned a shared 'daeva' between characters, which I have not seen yet. Being a red should be a meaningful choice, and if it is not meaningful the PvP will not be meaningful. If players realize that all their characters are red if one of them are red it will make their choice matter.

I know this is my first post on these forums and I do not know how the community reponds to new members and their opinions, but I personally like the idea of a one character per server. This worked nicely in SWG where a weaponsmith could make a name for themselves and a living. Else everyone will have a weaponsmith to supply their own needs plus whatever else they need, ruins the economy. Also those that really want to spy via an alt will just buy a new account anyway. So I don't see how the last name will work. Nice to meet you guys.

Won't tribes just get filled with peoples stupid alts?
    I hope that if there's MCS then there will be a very small offline skill decay, or just something to stop people from having "The tool for every job".

Have they not categorically said it's SCS to begin with, with 'some else' later?

Lily wrote:
    Have they not categorically said it's SCS to begin with, with 'some else' later?
    Yup, I hope this something else will be an alternative to MCS. Hopefully something like eves character system.