Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    I reckon that if what the OP suggests occurs (and no reason it can't/won't happen that I see) then we'll just have to find a way to cope until such time as the developers solve the issue for us (via releasing other resources, placing more junkpiles, changing the safe zone system, releasing more land from the green mist).

At the centre of all of this I believe that the developers don't want us playing a broken game. They'll find a way to fix it, then we'll find a way to break it again.

Quote Originally Posted by pendergraft View Post
    Building on or directly adjacent to a junk pile should come with a hefty penalty. Like cancer.
    Hefty indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaylorMe View Post
    Junk Piles will run out of resources shortly after launch. And the fact of tribes eventually going PvP is inevitable, unless they never defend themselves. Once a tribe is flagged as "evil" or whatever they will not be able to turn that off, and that is decided by your actions in the game. GL if you are on a junk pile...

Good thing then he will be unveiling *The Mist* and there are plenty of new junk piles in the new areas.

It shouldn't be a problem unless scrap piles will stay as a main source of resources. Once we have mines and we can produce what we need and not rely on what we find, scrap should be left for new and very small tribes. If mines or other resources cannot be claimed with main totem problem is somewhat solved.

There's one more thing, once comfort is enabled we'll need buildings(houses) to keep it high, comfort will affect all skills. Placing totem on a scrap pile will seriously limit building area(I guess you can still do it with homestead).

As far as I know there will be no safezones after Prelude Jooky haven't said there staying, he said that main lands will be safe from conquest, not from PvP.

It is a problem in Prelude, but we don't have a way to conquer other tribes anyway and dropping safezones would be worse IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Conclusion: what is stopping everyone from claiming ALL junkpiles with their totems,
    I tried to drop a totem that covered all the junk piles in game, but it just wasn't large enough.

Sorry I must be a noob but I can't find this information about not being able to place homesteads on junkpiles thanks again if you can show me where this is said.

If a totem is placed on a junk pile and no one else is around to scavenge it, is it a depleted resource?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I tried to drop a totem that covered all the junk piles in game, but it just wasn't large enough.
    If junkpiles weren't deplete-able, your sarcasm would be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroom View Post
    If a totem is placed on a junk pile and no one else is around to scavenge it, is it a depleted resource?
    Again, same point. Limited resources means, at some point or another, these tribes are effectively one-upping everyone else with the resources they will be hording that, at some point or another, won't be available. They should at the very least be vulnerable to raids, peace tribe or not.

OR, a better solution IMO ; if your tribe's land radius encompasses ANY fragment or section of a junkpile, then your tribe land is no longer a safezone, even if you declare your tribe a "peace" tribe. This wouldn't solve the problem of tribes setting up camp right next to junkpiles but at least they are a little bit at risk when they go scavenging, just like the rest of us.

In the limited two weeks that I have been playing - this has not been a problem or an issue -basically because there is a lot of junk, lots of lots of it in and near the mist. Not even sure if everyone on server split into homesteads, they would be able to cover all the junk. Only very large tribes will have a chance to take over a junk pile, and even then nothing stops you from gathering resources there except for fear of being attacked by that tribe.

But there is plenty of junk. At least for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bear5732 View Post
    In the limited two weeks that I have been playing - this has not been a problem or an issue -basically because there is a lot of junk, lots of lots of it in and near the mist. Not even sure if everyone on server split into homesteads, they would be able to cover all the junk. Only very large tribes will have a chance to take over a junk pile, and even then nothing stops you from gathering resources there except for fear of being attacked by that tribe.

But there is plenty of junk. At least for now...
    Thats because nowher enear the full population is playing, in fact entire tribes are not playing right now because of the repeated wipes an dthe upcoming final wipe making anything you do in game right now pretty pointless. Once the final wipe is done and the server goes live, those junk piles are going to be hard to get ahold of.