Someone can clarify this for me please?

In last Xsyon update he said:

"In addition, tribes will be able to place totems at starter areas except for Founder's Isle. However, these will still be safe zones without combat or terraforming. The safe zones will be removed after we set starting zones based on tribe locations (tribes will be able to specify if they want a start zone near their tribe or not)."

I don't fully understand it. So starter areas will always be safe zones? Safe zones equal to non combat and non terraforming?? A starter area is a whole map zone (the zones with numbers that you can see in some player made maps) or just a small piece of that zone?

I ask this because my intention was to start at Sugar Pine starter zone, and near a waterfall next to some junk piles, place my homestead (if the start rush let me :P) but if I am not going to be able to terraform there or later on I will have to be everyday in a safe zone, I don't want that.

Tribes villages will be spawn points (starter areas) if they choose it. Current starter areas are safe from all PvP and terraforming for safety of new players.
    You can set your tribe there(by there I mean starter area, I don't know if you chose spot in safe zone or not) but you won't be able to fight there or terraform untill other tribes can set their tribe as starter area. It's not specified when it'll be.

He means you can't gank new kids as they enter the world if you want to be a dirty ganker and put your totem at the spawn point / safe zone. There have been problems with gankers terraforming the spawn point trapping players so that feature is going to be turned off at the spawn point even if you own the totem there. So basically it has no effect on 99.99% of the players just don't place your totem on a spawn point.

There have always been a plan to make tribes starting zones. So when you recruit a person they will spawn to your tribal area and not have to run around looking stupid. Founders Isle is going to be for players that do not have a tribe already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandarie View Post
    He means you can't gank new kids as they enter the world if you want to be a dirty ganker and put your totem at the spawn point / safe zone. There have been problems with gankers terraforming the spawn point trapping players so that feature is going to be turned off at the spawn point even if you own the totem there. So basically it has no effect on 99.99% of the players just don't place your totem on a spawn point.

There have always been a plan to make tribes starting zones. So when you recruit a person they will spawn to your tribal area and not have to run around looking stupid. Founders Isle is going to be for players that do not have a tribe already.
    You can place totem in starting area and you will be able to terraform and safe znoe will be off when other tribes will be able to set their areas as strating points.

Ok, so the no terraforming and non combat is just for the spawning point, not the whole zone right? that has more sense to me.

This will give time for all the evil guilds to find and camp/ grief the hopi tribe. Preventing them from dropping a totem in their sacred land.