Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    the problem i have with current revision of the tribal configs, isn't necessarily the radii of the entity, its the lock down it places on members.

I can lose members, and redux in tribe type/size. Great.
    I am hard capped at the number of members i can have? wtf?

Our happy little band is 15ish...doubt we'll hit the 20 mark.
    however, i have a solid 25-30 guildies that are kinda sittin around watching to see what happens, where if the game moves in the 'right' direction over thenext couple of months, they would like purchase the game. Now in this scenario, I'd have to go find a new place to live, in a world that would be crowded, AND in a world where i don't have the ability to forcibly evict someone from their area because i'm a bad neighbor and need to expand.

I'm sure we're not the only group in this situation.

it does give a very big territorial advantage to those entities that are large now. I'm nto sure why they need it.

Yeah like some of his previous announcements, I have read it like 6 times to translate it...lol

I think what he is saying is there is no number cap on how many players you can add to any of the groups. That player cap he posted refers to the territory space calculations?

So for example, you can form a "Clan", starting with 10 members. You can grow the "Clan" as large as you want (unlimited members), but the territory radius will only grow according to 25 members worth of territory space ("Clan" type cap).

Is that correct?

If so, that actually is a good balance.

u are all unable to read and its laugh able, seriously. and surprise its all the known griefers!!!

u are NOT locked into any size limit u are LOCKED into a land size so even if all ur special friends come and play too u all will just have to huddle together and share a bunk like in the navy

these changes are AWESOME btw keep it up Jordy

Quote Originally Posted by Grass_Ninja View Post
    u are all unable to read and its laugh able, seriously. and surprise its all the known griefers!!!

u are NOT locked into any size limit u are LOCKED into a land size so even if all ur special friends come and play too u all will just have to huddle together and share a bunk like in the navy

these changes are AWESOME btw keep it up Jordy
    Please note the post below mr carebear.

We're testing some tribe revisions. Tribes will now have 4 sizes.

Homesteads 1-4 starting members.
    Bands 5-9 starting members.
    Clans 10-19 starting members.
    Tribes 20+ starting members.

This will allow smaller groups to form tribes with a decent claimed area but without crowding the world due to the maximum tribe size.

Each of the tribe types can grow in radius beyond the size of the next type, so their maximum radius anticipates some growth.

Homesteads have a fixed radius.
    Bands grow in size up to 15 members.
    Clans grow in size up to 25 members.
    Tribes grow in size up to 80 members.
    By stating a range of group size, that implies a limitation.
    furthermore he states that if you drop below the group size you're in, you devolve into the smaller entitity.
    he DOES NOT STATE that if you increase in size you evolve into the larger entity.
    but if you you CAN increase in size (50 person homestead 4tw) the original point stands.

This gives maximum advantage to the guilds that are large now...and this is an advantage that will persist as long as they retain their membership (i don't believe we'll every be permitted to seige prelude territory, to much carebear angst about the potential loss of pixels)...

What this is doing is motivating the playerbase to zerg it up...but not giving us the time to do it it's actually kinda comical.

I was thinking the same thing myself.

If your band grows you become a clan and get more area automatically, grow again into a tribe and it grows again.

why was that hard to understand?

I believe you guys just thrive on drama and look to find the slightest little thing to gripe over. Drama queens all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post

If your band grows you become a clan and get more area automatically, grow again into a tribe and it grows again.

he doesn't say that. he says your clan will increase in radii to reflect up to 25 people. he DOES NOT say that your clan will turn into a tribe (otherwise why would he state that it will grow, as a clan, in radii up to 25 people...reading comprehension 4tw)

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post

I believe you guys just thrive on drama and look to find the slightest little thing to gripe over. Drama queens all.
    This is not what he said.

You need 20 people up front to obtain the default (minimum) "Tribe" territory radius. You cannot grow into it from a "Clan". A "Clan" will be capped at 25 person territory radius. But can grow, member wise, as large as the "Clan" wanted.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. It's a good balance. I think this will work (especially when you implement tribal warfare and totem/territory takeover).

Jordi just did a not so good job in explaining it. hehe

It is very interesting that it is ok for you to make assumptions about what he means, but obviously everyone else's understanding is flawed, or they lack the ability to understand simple statements.

The thing is, what he says is something you disagree with ... that is the limit of your comprehension.

I too feel this is a good adjustment, that helps keep animals around and provides further opportunities to smaller groups.

Ok course, what this means for me by simply saying that is I will get put on your hit list, and blind rage will take over.

Please note the post below mr carebear.

lol me a carebear lol go back to WoW ya i said it and i saw ur forums so yaaa... do it

Quote Originally Posted by Grass_Ninja View Post
    lol me a carebear lol go back to WoW ya i said it and i saw ur forums so yaaa... do it
    actually we never played wow (well messed around in the uowow emu) it's just the forum skin we put up a few years back.

sorry.

This gives maximum advantage to the guilds that are large now...and this is an advantage that will persist as long as they retain their membership
    If they have enough members for it , then what exactly is the problem ?

If you have guildies sitting in the sidelines that can't decide , then that is their ( your guilds ) problem , not " ANY " of the current players who have decided to show their support by paying already. Why should a " Smaller " group get the same size as the larger tribes who have enough members .
    If your going to demand a larger size for your smaller group , then i as a Homesteader with my Brother also want a larger area ( this line is sarcasm as i am perfectly happy with the small area i can share with my brother ) .

This change is "Better " for everyone all round . Group sizes are more dynamic and do not reserve more land than that group currently needs , this in turn helps EVERYONE by not pushing the creatures into the mist because there is nowhere for them to breed.

There is nothing stopping some of the smaller groups merging if they really " want " the larger area that " Tribes " give .