Initially I liked Fallen Earth, though it needed more sandbox features to remain interesting. The main thing that made me leave the game soon after joining was that it was too "real" and boring as far as the game map itself, especially the starting areas in the desert. I found myself not caring to strike out and explore the landscape because it was more or less all the same and there were no particularly beautiful or anomalous areas to visit. Nothing made me want to strike out and put myself in much danger except for quests, which were held in equally boring areas.

Ultimately a game that will encourage people to strike out and explore should not only have awesome places to visit, but can offer related risks and rewards. Those who played Star Wars Galaxies probably remember all of the strange and beautiful places you could visit on the planets, along with the the exploration badge mini-game where you collected a badge each time you visited one of these points of interest the first time.

The people and Tribes in this game will end up building some amazing places, including some stuff none of us can even think of today. I saw this happen in SWG with the way people themed, decorated and/or role played their homes, shops, and cantinas thanks to a very detailed decorating system. Terraforming will result in some great stuff to see over time. The game map itself should be interesting as well though.

Many times I thought the developers of Fallen Earth missed some great opportunities to create sections of the map that had been effected by some strange and wonderful forces. Since Xsyon seems to have plans to be well outside the 'normal' with things like magic and the religion system, there should be plenty of room for us to stumble across exotic locations and anomalies in the game world.

A few ideas off the top of my head:

• A meteor striking an area and muting all life and terrain there.
  • Changes to the planet unearth ancient ruins and other anomalies
  • Government experiments gone wrong
  • Mystical/Magical areas where standard "rules" of the world may not apply.

I realize these are things that can come later on, and that the devs have more important things to work on now, but we should not underestimate the need to keep the game interesting through creative ideas. Exploration should be a big one in Xsyon, in my opinion.

Thoughts or Ideas?