Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I did think, you didn't. Just because a tribe can't build directly on a junk pile doesn't mean they can't fence around it to cut off access.
    so make fences and the like destructable so a determined person can kick down a greedy tribes fence and get some junk. an unguarded trash pile is a scavenged trash pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorface View Post
    so make fences and the like destructable so a determined person can kick down a greedy tribes fence and get some junk. an unguarded trash pile is a scavenged trash pile.
    While it wouldn't bother me to add property destruction to theft, asking for those mechanics to suddenly and magically be available in oh, let's say...two days?...just isn't reasonable.

I love these threads where people are so incensed about the ability to put a totem on a junk pile, or even to just control one within your tribal radius. I would guess this was considered while making the game, part of the point being to control resources.

You start penalizing a tribe for controlling a junk pile then you'll need to penalizing them for controlling anything. Wood, grass, rock, water, junk..it's all needed resources. There are a LOT of junk piles out there if you're just willing to look in some not-necessarily very desirable places. Where we're at there are at least 5 large unclaimed junk piles, all not that far from water too.

Junk piles are going to be depleted pretty quick once clans/tribes really get going, especially due to the need to terraform for their settlement if the JP is within their zone of influence. The only thing that'll really be an issue, then, is the solo players or small gathering groups running around homesteading on JPs.

So, really, as far as I can tell this is just another thread with issues regarding solo players/breakaway gatherering groups.

I'm astounded as to how short term you people think.

You all keep saying theres more junk than people, theres no scarcity of jps, etc. You compare it to resources like grass and water, which is infinite. My god. Am i talking to children? Is no one else thinking about the permanent long-term benefits clans are getting from this without any repercussion or vulnerability or threat? Or are you all just so happy with the idea of going afk with a macro to click the "scavenge" button while you sit in your safezone campground that encompasses jps.

Its 1 in the morning and im drunk and i can still think better than you guys. Come on

While it wouldn't bother me to add property destruction to theft, asking for those mechanics to suddenly and magically be available in oh, let's say...two days?...just isn't reasonable.
    Property destruction would be a great way to fix this fencing-in dilemma, but yeah, not going to happen any time soon..

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I'm astounded as to how short term you people think.

You all keep saying theres more junk than people, theres no scarcity of jps, etc. You compare it to resources like grass and water, which is infinite. My god. Am i talking to children? Is no one else thinking about the permanent long-term benefits clans are getting from this without any repercussion or vulnerability or threat? Or are you all just so happy with the idea of going afk with a macro to click the "scavenge" button while you sit in your safezone campground that encompasses jps.

Its 1 in the morning and im drunk and i can still think better than you guys. Come on
    1. I don't use macros.

2. The only reason I plan to live on a junk pile is to prevent tribes from fencing me out of them. I'd rather not live on one at all.

3. Since I don't use macros, I can't go afk while crafting.

4. If I wasn't worried about being fenced out, and if I did go afk while macroing, I could do so without living on a jp. I would just park my totem a short walk from a jp, trot over, grab scrap, trot back, sort, drop it in a basket, rinse, repeat, until I felt like crafting via macro and afk.

5. Unless and until macros are allowed (which I'm against) macroers should be banned. Exceptions could obviously be made by Xsyon devs/staff for people who are disabled in such a way that clicking is damaging or difficult. Everyone else can just click and get over it.

1. I don't use macros.

2. The only reason I plan to live on a junk pile is to prevent tribes from fencing me out of them. I'd rather not live on one at all.

3. Since I don't use macros, I can't go afk while crafting.

4. If I wasn't worried about being fenced out, and if I did go afk while macroing, I could do so without living on a jp. I would just park my totem a short walk from a jp, trot over, grab scrap, trot back, sort, drop it in a basket, rinse, repeat, until I felt like crafting via macro and afk.

5. Unless and until macros are allowed (which I'm against) macroers should be banned. Exceptions could obviously be made by Xsyon devs/staff for people who are disabled in such a way that clicking is damaging or difficult. Everyone else can just click and get over it.
    Ill agree there. I really dont want to see macroing in this game like i saw it in darkfall. I do hope they make it a little more manageable for crafting though. I'd rather not drag 7 things into place every time i want to craft something nice..

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Ill agree there. I really dont want to see macroing in this game like i saw it in darkfall. I do hope they make it a little more manageable for crafting though. I'd rather not drag 7 things into place every time i want to craft something nice..
    Oh there's nothing wrong with improving the way things work while crafting, don't get me wrong, I'm all for it, same as you. But macroers like to excuse what is essentially botting (in most cases if they can automate everything, they do, and they indeed to go afk at that point) by saying the game has a lousy crafting interface with too much clicking. Too which I say, suck it up and deal with it and post your modifications on the forums. This game don't need no botters!

Once the safezones come down this should be a non-issue.

In the meantime, it means that solo players will be disadvantaged against members of tribes, but that is to be expected. Rugged individualists need to be, well, rugged. Sometimes that means sneaking on to another's claim, or scavenging around the outskirts trying not to get caught.

If all goes as the devs say it will, eventually there will be alternate means of getting everything you would get from a scrap pile anyway (e.g. farming, mining).

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant View Post
    Once the safezones come down this should be a non-issue.

In the meantime, it means that solo players will be disadvantaged against members of tribes, but that is to be expected. Rugged individualists need to be, well, rugged. Sometimes that means sneaking on to another's claim, or scavenging around the outskirts trying not to get caught.

If all goes as the devs say it will, eventually there will be alternate means of getting everything you would get from a scrap pile anyway (e.g. farming, mining).
    Well, even as a tribe member, playing the game should require some ruggedness. So I guess the big tribes will just have to toughen up and deal with a few squatters on the junk piles they wish they could lay exclusive claim to. Poor things. I know it's going to be tough on them, not being able to control every single JP for months and months!