Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Penalties for tribes that build on junkpiles

In reference to the problem i proposed here .

This could be a serious problem and very exploitable. Because junk piles are a finite resource, this is going to give tribes an advantage in the long run.

My idea:

If your tribe/clan/homestead is established ontop of a junkpile (as in: you are within your officially tribe territory radius while still able to scavenge for resources), then your tribe is automatically raid-able while inside your own territory. This means you will not be safe in your tribe land from attackers.

What this means:

Peace tribes can still remain "unconquerable", if they dont want to be a conquest clan. BUT, they will be VULNERABLE to raids on their land, and outsiders will be able to kill them on their own land, if their land touches junkpiles at all.

I think this is a fair trade-off for those clans that think they can sit fat and happy ontop of junkpiles and just scavenge in peace, without any risk.

I know tribes can still set up NEXT to a junkpile, with this idea, but at least they are outside their safezone when they go out to scavenge.

Discuss

Xsyon Citizen
    i like this idea, im not 100% sure this is the way to deal with the problem but i agree that they shouldn't be able to just "sit fat and happy ontop of junkpiles and just scavenge in peace".

I think this is better at least for now, maybe an improved solution can be found later on.

That's fine, so long as inability to safely build on it means it also can't be fenced.

But I bet that's not what you're asking for, is it? You just want to cut homesteaders off from junk and let tribes fence it all without penalty.

Which calls for a definite hell no in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    That's fine, so long as inability to safely build on it means it also can't be fenced.

But I bet that's not what you're asking for, is it? You just want to cut homesteaders off from junk and let tribes fence it all without penalty.

Which calls for a definite hell no in my book.
    Think before you speak. I'm part of no tribe right now. I came up with this idea as a soloer camped up in my homestead on a mountain looking down on tribes building on top of junkpiles. Thanks for pegging me wrong though.

If you can only build in your tribal territory, then yes that means no fences on any of the junk. If your tribe builds on a junk pile, then, by this idea, your entire tribe land is vulnerable to attack, which means it will be scroachfest 2011 at that camp. They'll be devoured by vultures and griefed constantly for the attention they bring to themselves and the safety they lack. The trade off couldn't possibly be worth it.

Perhaps purely as clarification ...

What I could see, is that any land marked as "junk pile" is flagged as non-totem area. Which means you will never see an encroachment warning, it can't be built on, and is not a safe zone. However, it also means that once the junk has been removed, it will revert to tribal/homestead area and carry all the benefits.

Of course, for over-lap purposes, the true radius will be used to determine whether a competing totem can be laid down. Another totem would not be able to be placed within the radius of the first, even if it is on a junk pile.

From a logic stand-point: IF ( IN totem-radius AND NOT junk-pile ) THEN tribal-land ELSE open-land

Quote Originally Posted by Marcolo View Post
    Perhaps purely as clarification ...

What I could see, is that any land marked as "junk pile" is flagged as non-totem area. Which means you will never see an encroachment warning, it can't be built on, and is not a safe zone. However, it also means that once the junk has been removed, it will revert to tribal/homestead area and carry all the benefits.

Of course, for over-lap purposes, the true radius will be used to determine whether a competing totem can be laid down. Another totem would not be able to be placed within the radius of the first, even if it is on a junk pile.

From a logic stand-point: IF ( IN totem-radius AND NOT junk-pile ) THEN tribal-land ELSE open-land

I would be entirely happy with this too. I'd be happy with them to do either my suggestion or this suggestion. Either would be a significantly better answer than the current situation.

In fact i'd go as far as to say this idea is even better because then you completely negate the problem of tribes being located on the junkpiles to begin with. However, if they won't make junkpiles non-accessible to tribes, then my idea would be a back up.

So, ideally, we would have NO tribes sitting on top of junkpiles.

But, if they HAVE to be allowed to live on junkpiles, they sure as hell should be attackable in their own camps.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    I would be entirely happy with this too. I'd be happy with them to do either my suggestion or this suggestion. Either would be a significantly better answer than the current situation.

In fact i'd go as far as to say this idea is even better because then you completely negate the problem of tribes being located on the junkpiles to begin with. However, if they won't make junkpiles non-accessible to tribes, then my idea would be a back up.

So, ideally, we would have NO tribes sitting on top of junkpiles.

But, if they HAVE to be allowed to live on junkpiles, they sure as hell should be attackable in their own camps.
    Never had a problem finding an unattended junk pile so far as a lone scavanger. There are many junk piles out there and only so many tribes. Add to the fact that when the land size is increased, well established tribes will probablly not want to relocate, so small clans and homesteaders will be the ones able to claim a junk pile and trade with those living nearer the lake. Not sure why the panic myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Think before you speak. I'm part of no tribe right now. I came up with this idea as a soloer camped up in my homestead on a mountain looking down on tribes building on top of junkpiles. Thanks for pegging me wrong though.

If you can only build in your tribal territory, then yes that means no fences on any of the junk. If your tribe builds on a junk pile, then, by this idea, your entire tribe land is vulnerable to attack, which means it will be scroachfest 2011 at that camp. They'll be devoured by vultures and griefed constantly for the attention they bring to themselves and the safety they lack. The trade off couldn't possibly be worth it.
    I did think, you didn't. Just because a tribe can't build directly on a junk pile doesn't mean they can't fence around it to cut off access.

How about we play the game first and have a world built (the entire purpose of prelude...), instead of spreading hypothetical scare propaganda that only tribes will have junk. There is a far more junk out there then there are tribes. Will it last? No, but its not suppose to. Junk exists to be the building blocks of the new world (my theory anyways). I have traveled almost the entire map, you want to know what I have seen? More junk then people...