Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compass

Compass

How about a Compass when we enter the game so we can navigate easier :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hystarea View Post
    How about a Compass when we enter the game so we can navigate easier :P
    At the very least, let us be able to craft one then have one on the hud.

Agreed.

A map would be great too, and to appease the post-apocalyptic purests, it could look like it was scratched into treebark with a rock, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by flaknugget View Post
    Agreed.

A map would be great too, and to appease the post-apocalyptic purests, it could look like it was scratched into treebark with a rock, or something.
    Their is a map, but its not IG its out of game.

I like not having an in game map, (Unless cartography is added which would be awesome if done right) but I do think that being able to make a compass would be amazing. I'm really tired of trying to figure out which way I'm going by determining which numbers are going up on the coordinates.

I am against compasses.

Once I started learning to navigate by landmarks and learnign my area I felt really rewarded.

I would think that one should be able to be made..

I would like to see a compass in game and remove loc.

The current nav system is in fact more accurate than a compass. So accurate, that you can literally use it to call in a position for indirect fire. I know we don't have motars in the game yet (joke), but try that with a needle, cork, and oil compass and see how much easier it isn't.

Adding a compass only works if you take the cartesian coordinate system out like MrDDT said. Why downgrade? Wasn't living in a cave rustic enough for you?

The coordinate system has a 360o turn table you can get a north bearing from that :P