Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyway, since there isn't any overlapping terrain, I would imagine it's a cylinder.

Xsyon Citizen
    Worried about possible airstrikes maybe?
    No fly zone over a totem

Back when it was still set to max tribal land size(200m). We did some test, Going up hills, or down the cliff to the river. It was always 200m from the totem. I'm sure even now that it has been bumped up to 220m for max tribal land size you can still check to see where your land will end by walking off 220m from where you wish to place the totem.
    I think the answer is it's a circle, And everything inside that circle around your totem is the tribes area. Up, Down, It does not mater, It's all yours.

Quote Originally Posted by aliksteel View Post
    Back when it was still set to max tribal land size(200m). We did some test, Going up hills, or down the cliff to the river. It was always 200m from the totem. I'm sure even now that it has been bumped up to 220m for max tribal land size you can still check to see where your land will end by walking off 220m from where you wish to place the totem.
    I think the answer is it's a circle, And everything inside that circle around your totem is the tribes area. Up, Down, It does not mater, It's all yours.
    That sounds like a cylinder then.

So if your tribe radius is 100m, and you place your totem on the exact edge of a 100m vertical cliff, your tribe boundary will extend out 100m from the base of the cliff, as opposed to ending AT the base of the cliff.

So, when viewed from above, the tribe boundary will appear as a perfect circle with a radius of 100m, regardless of the shape of the land covered by that circle. Your tribe boundary would then have an effective surface of 200m on one side, if you include the 100m cliff face ...

If this is in fact how it works, the min/maxer's among us can go crazy trying to find a spot with optimal slopes (so that the boundary circle encloses the maximum usable surface area)

I'm not sure what you mean, unless our definitions of usable differ.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, unless our definitions of usable differ.
    If you place the totem on the edge of a v-shaped valley which is 100m across, and has 2 equal slopes at 45 degrees, then the surface distance on the slopes will total up to 140m (Pythagorean Theorem).

A vertical cliff face that is 100m high, has a 100m surface, but it's useless. You cant build on it or plant trees, etc.

But you can do a lot on a 45 degree slope

I DID say min/maxing...

Apparently I am pretty bad at internet sarcasm.

anyway, currently listening to kick ass Nintendo harpsichord instrumental version of bon jovi here: http://xsyonregulators.guildlaunch.c...5225&f=1388952

The reason I asked: Lets say I find a cave I want and I can climb on the roof. I could do two things. . plant the totem on top giving me more space inside the cave or I can place it inside "hiding" it and maybe even build on top. Just curious. . I will go with hiding it since I plan to role play a ninja bear.

Thanks for the replies.

This is my logic and I am not a developer so I Assume they have more logic but here is what I envision.

And

Original drawing TM BZ INC.