Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

stop putting totems on trashpiles

after seeing the changes this morning not sure if it was a bug or not i think some kind of mechanic to prevent tribes from hogging up all the junk piles. right now tribes will just take over all the junkpiles i think that there should either be something to prevent the tribe lands covering the junkpiles or allow a certain distance from each junkpile that will allow a totem to be placed. soemthing needs to be done about this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by blake378 View Post
    after seeing the changes this morning not sure if it was a bug or not i think some kind of mechanic to prevent tribes from hogging up all the junk piles. right now tribes will just take over all the junkpiles i think that there should either be something to prevent the tribe lands covering the junkpiles or allow a certain distance from each junkpile that will allow a totem to be placed. soemthing needs to be done about this for sure.
    No, and hell no. If it can be fenced, it can be lived on. If there was a way to prevent a tribe from fencing or otherwise restricting access to a jp, I'd be happy not to live on it. Since there isn't, I'm going to live right smack in the middle of one, so I will be able to craft and skill up. Then I'll move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    No, and hell no. If it can be fenced, it can be lived on. If there was a way to prevent a tribe from fencing or otherwise restricting access to a jp, I'd be happy not to live on it. Since there isn't, I'm going to live right smack in the middle of one, so I will be able to craft and skill up. Then I'll move on.
    I hope there's still room to move on to when you run out of scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I hope there's still room to move on to when you run out of scrap.
    We all have to run out of trash sometime, the question is will the devs have the next step ready when we do? As far as placing on the trash, there should be no restriction on placing (minus the starting areas for obvious reason). First come first serve, as life has always been. And like humans, we will divide, spread and devour all resources until there is nothing left.

Is it true you can no long harvest on another's land?

wish we had a forcible relocation option

Wish we had only six tribes and that we were forced to join one of the 6 or not play. Make the tribes: good crafter, good pvper, evil crafter, evil pvper, neutral crafter, neutral pvper. Forget the rest of it it, forcing everyone to join one of the six tribes would solve all our problems.

Yes, I agree we need a way to prevent this.

But what I think we really need is a different way to get some of the materials instead of just from junk piles.

Is it true you can no long harvest on another's land?
    not sure if it was a bug or not but as of this morning before the server went down you couldnt

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Wish we had only six tribes and that we were forced to join one of the 6 or not play. Make the tribes: good crafter, good pvper, evil crafter, evil pvper, neutral crafter, neutral pvper. Forget the rest of it it, forcing everyone to join one of the six tribes would solve all our problems.
    That's one of the worst, most restricting ideas I've ever heard on this forum. Static faction/tribes would be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    That's one of the worst, most restricting ideas I've ever heard on this forum. Static faction/tribes would be horrible.
    He was kidding