Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A Modest Proposal

MMO = massively multiplayer online game

If you're not playing it massively multiplayer, go play an FPS or get a massive number of friends to play with.

Really, the solution to overcrowding and the animal population and the pvp and the junk pile wars is simple. All this squabbling can be done away with immediately.

Just restrict the game to six tribes. Two good tribes (one combat, one crafter), two evil tribes (combat, crafter) and two neutral tribes (combat, crafter).

Enough of all this shillly shallying abound with indepenedent little tribes and medium sized tribes and you filthy, mud hut dwelling misanthrope soloers! Do away with us, please! We don't deserve to sully Xsyon with our skulking, antisocial carcasses!

Massively means massive. So let there be six massive tribes. And only six.

Oh but wah! That would mean the petty dictators squatting in some rude cave with their minions would lose their freedom and autonomy and ability to play the game their way.

Too bad, bozos, it's for the good of the whole. You don't deserve to be in this game if you're not going to play politics and make friends anyway. If you want power, scrabble your way to the top of one of the six.

And if you aren't willing to play as one of the six tribes, submitting to the rule of their leaders, your fate entwined with and dependent on a thousand internet strangers, then you shouldn't get to play at all.

Never mind it being hard mode for you to play in a tribe of 20, you shouldn't be allowed to play period. Clearly, your tribe doesn't meet the definition of massive. You don't have enough people! Get some friends, or get out!

Six tribes. That's what this game needs. Everything will be just great then!

*Obviously this was satire and aimed at the members of small and medium sized tribes who told us solo players and homestead size tribes to shut up and suck it up and who are now overflowing Lake Tahoe with their own tears because they've just discovered what the back of the bus smells like.

I do hope at least some of the people who read this will understand a little better why games need diversity, including solo players, though.*

You really don't understand the priciples of what MMO mean seems if you think MMO means you MUST group up.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    You really don't understand the priciples of what MMO mean seems if you think MMO means you MUST group up.
    It was satire, I'm a solo player. And I'm sick of hearing people crying about my play style, so I went after the small and medium tribes who are complaining that recent changes are going to restrict their play styles.

Lordy, I thought I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick, guess I should spackle a bit more on?

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    It was satire, I'm a solo player. And I'm sick of hearing people crying about my play style, so I went after the small and medium tribes who are complaining that recent changes are going to restrict their play styles.

Lordy, I thought I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick, guess I should spackle a bit more on?
    I was agreeing with you....

Hell no, I want 7 tribes...and when I get 7, I wanna bitch how 7 is too many and the game is dying. Then I will blame one side, either the pvp crowd or the pvers (which ever side I feel has less support ATM). The devs will see my rage and change it back, but I will retort saying the new system was better.

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    I was agreeing with you....
    Oh!

*Puts away whatever tool is used to add more spackle to something*

Hey NexAnima, stop asking the devs to change the game to suit you! They made it an MMO. That means Massively Multiplayer. Plus you're one of the filthy Februarys, just like I am. You shouldn't be allowed to talk at all. And neither should I. In six months, if we're very good and very lucky, my greatest hope is that the grizzled 2010 veterans will deign to give us the power to speak (politely and subserviently) if spoken to!

...and who are now overflowing Lake Tahoe with their own tears because they've just discovered what the back of the bus smells like...
    closet carebear

Oh!

*Puts away whatever tool is used to add more spackle to something*

Hey NexAnima, stop asking the devs to change the game to suit you! They made it an MMO. That means Massively Multiplayer. Plus you're one of the filthy Februarys, just like I am. You shouldn't be allowed to talk at all. And neither should I. In six months, if we're very good and very lucky, my greatest hope is that the grizzled 2010 veterans will deign to give us the power to speak (politely and subserviently) if spoken to!
    putty knife. Or maybe a trowel if you're using in game tools

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    putty knife. Or maybe a trowel if you're using in game tools
    Thank you!

*Puts away the trowel*