Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Re:Conflict, Death, Consequences and Decisions

well when compared to the other nations of the world

Xx1327 wrote:
    Can't say I've played a game, where I can send my army into unowned territory and slaughter innocent people, who happen to be in the way at the time, then set up camp and enforce my own laws while culling off the ones that don't follow my ways.

And at the end of the game have a Lawful Good standing. Imagine how that would warp future generations' minds.

reubenmunro wrote:
    Xx1327 wrote:
    Can't say I've played a game, where I can send my army into unowned territory and slaughter innocent people, who happen to be in the way at the time, then set up camp and enforce my own laws while culling off the ones that don't follow my ways.

And at the end of the game have a Lawful Good standing. Imagine how that would warp future generations' minds.
    lol not sure how i follow xD

Allow me to do Virtus a favor:

*cough* (points at OP)

B) You sir, are welcome.

on topic:

my character just got grieved and perma-killed in another mmo once again.
    why? no reason at all. My opponent didn't even loot anything. He just did it because he can. Naturally, I'm pretty pissed.

I just hope the devs don't underestimate this issue - a simple good/evil system isn't enough to keep grievers away, they won't care.

Re:Town Defences

JCatano wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    exactly Palo
    Then, why have "evil" as an option to begin with?

I foresee a situation where towns get built up, then once the safe-switch is turned off, the "evil" players tear them down, anyway.

It almost sounds like Xsyon doesn't really want FFA PvP, but state it as a feature.

Sounds more like it doesnt want FFA PVP to mess up the game thus putting safe guards to limit its effects.

Like in UO, they first started with Red and Blue system with no punishment for Reds save cant goto a few NPC towns.

Later they put a HARSH punishment (huge stat/skill loss) to prevent it from breaking the game.

Win win, few people that do want to kill someone could do it, but suffer, but not have everyone doing it for no reason.

Dunno about you, but I like to make friends and play with people I dont know.

In games like Darkfall where EVERYONE you see in DFO is someone you will fight unless they are an ally causes problems, for people that want to do more than just PVP.

How hard will it be to go from a red player to a blue player again in game?

/me shrugs

Virtus wrote:
    /me shrugs
    You told me to move the question in here. So you don't know?

Every time I look at a map of Europe I wonder, after 2 World Wars, How much of that did America take back and give back. I haven't seen a United States of America 'and a little bit 'o Europe too' flag.

reubenmunro wrote:
    Xx1327 wrote: