Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

would you prefer 2 servers to own more land ?

it seems the changes being made are to lesson the amount of land we could own because the engine cant really handle the loads

I'm starting to think if we had two servers could we get more land ownership and go back to the way it was

Just a thought, I know this would make pvp less fun

Xsyon Citizen
    No. Players make the game, not land. No need to spread out the playerbase too much. Jordi has a plan for dealing with the initial server load, and this happens in plenty of MMOs. It will be fine.

/thread

No. I prefer one server. Better politics, better sense of community, more tension = more pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by wulvgar View Post
    it seems the changes being made are to lesson the amount of land we could own because the engine cant really handle the loads

I'm starting to think if we had two servers could we get more land ownership and go back to the way it was

Just a thought, I know this would make pvp less fun
    I'm for whatever the population can do. If we have enough people to get decent game play on 4 servers than so be it. Splitting us due to server/coding problems where the end result is not enough people to interact with... well, tackling the coding issues will be a much better long term investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwanderer View Post
    I'm for whatever the population can do. If we have enough people to get decent game play on 4 servers than so be it. Splitting us due to server/coding problems where the end result is not enough people to interact with... well, tackling the coding issues will be a much better long term investment.
    /this

And we will find this out come Saturday.
    lol

I'd prefer 2 servers to have more lands, but I think we have no choice now. Well at least I hope, one more change before the launch would be crazy, really. Its sad imo that we are stuck on one server with not enough land, this will make the next 1-2 months' gameplay kind of temporary...settlements won't be final, everyone will just wait for the new lands to open up to see if there are better spots.

I prefer 1 server. I don't like sharded games. But the way it's being done, everyone will be packed into tiny spotslooking like a bunch of New Town's in wurm and no one will have room to do much. Over crowding will wipe out resources in a heart beat far faster then they can regenerate forcing everyone to move like a plague across the map. And in a very short the map will be a mess of abandon barren terraformed spots.

1 Server only.

If the reason is land, 1 server.

If the reason is server load, as many as it takes.

See the subtle difference?