Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, I'd be cool with additional PvP-oriented totems. We have actually discussed this possibility in TS. We referred to them as "outposts" rather than "expansion totems" - same deal though. And they should absolutely be destroyable.

Hmm, I do prefer the term outpost.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    I'm not sure about that. The way I would want the game to work out for strategic, balanced PvP and conquest is a three step series of safety:
    The areas around, and connecting the new player starting zones should be completely safe. No damage would be done to players unless to both agree to a duel.

The next level of safety would be an area around the safe area where players can set up tribal cities and homesteads which are safe, but the areas between them are not; much like the current system, but I would add something to the way it is now. If someone attacks you on their tribe lands then you should be able to defend yourself.

The last level of safety would be no safety at all. It would be this area where players could expand their tribes claim with what I'd term "expansion totems." Tribes and players would be unrestricted in where they could build and what they could build. This would include terraforming because there is just too much strategic potential to keep it locked up in limited areas. These expansion totems could come in many different types too. One type might increase tribe member damage within a certain radius, one might increase defense, or whatever. Some types of buildings would only be allowed to be placed near your totem, but other players could still set up structures in this radius too. The expansion totems would be for upkeep purposes and like command center type buildings in RTS games.

There's even ways to make this fit into the whole angels and demons thing going on with the lore. All they have to say is, "Oh, the angels make it safe." and bam! It even fits in thematically.
    +9001