Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Probably the best solution...

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    Some expansion zones being open to more conquest without safe zones, while in others tribes would retain the choice to war or not.
    Now they just need to get this done sooner rather than later. And add more types of resources that aren't found everywhere.

Yeah. I hope to see some options for tribal warfare during the prelude. At least allow mutual agreement to start a war, preferably (maybe after a month or two in) allow tribes to claim war against others even if not mutually agreed.

It depends on how it would work. I think a progressive series of less and less safe areas would be ideal. That way there is something for everyone without ruining the game.

So there is reason to war when resources are scarce or when there is some source of power that people want to take them, otherwise it will be just another quake that will make me pay off the game quickly
    See Darkfall and Mortal Online

Pretty much. And it's not too difficult to make the game like that either.

There is one nagging thought I had about tribal wars, conquest, & what not...

Can we destroy totems?

I swear I heard that they will not be destroyable...thus, you can't really kick somebody off a piece of land. You can just be a mean kid & break all their stuff. Can anyone confirm/deny this with dev posts as evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    So there is reason to war when resources are scarce or when there is some source of power that people want to take them, otherwise it will be just another quake that will make me pay off the game quickly
    I mean, I saw Darkfall and that game has amazing pvp. MO..not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    You mean you do not love the all powerful Zerg Alliance game mechanic that makes DF and MO so popular and profitable? Blasphemy! Now you must die. A lot.