Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Probably the best solution...

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    Some expansion zones being open to more conquest without safe zones, while in others tribes would retain the choice to war or not.
    Now they just need to get this done sooner rather than later. And add more types of resources that aren't found everywhere.

Yeah. I hope to see some options for tribal warfare during the prelude. At least allow mutual agreement to start a war, preferably (maybe after a month or two in) allow tribes to claim war against others even if not mutually agreed.

It depends on how it would work. I think a progressive series of less and less safe areas would be ideal. That way there is something for everyone without ruining the game.

So there is reason to war when resources are scarce or when there is some source of power that people want to take them, otherwise it will be just another quake that will make me pay off the game quickly
    See Darkfall and Mortal Online

Pretty much. And it's not too difficult to make the game like that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    So there is reason to war when resources are scarce or when there is some source of power that people want to take them, otherwise it will be just another quake that will make me pay off the game quickly
    I mean, I saw Darkfall and that game has amazing pvp. MO..not so much.

There is one nagging thought I had about tribal wars, conquest, & what not...

Can we destroy totems?

I swear I heard that they will not be destroyable...thus, you can't really kick somebody off a piece of land. You can just be a mean kid & break all their stuff. Can anyone confirm/deny this with dev posts as evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    You mean you do not love the all powerful Zerg Alliance game mechanic that makes DF and MO so popular and profitable? Blasphemy! Now you must die. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by baka77 View Post
    There is one nagging thought I had about tribal wars, conquest, & what not...

Can we destroy totems?

I swear I heard that they will not be destroyable...thus, you can't really kick somebody off a piece of land. You can just be a mean kid & break all their stuff. Can anyone confirm/deny this with dev posts as evidence?
    I'm not sure about that. The way I would want the game to work out for strategic, balanced PvP and conquest is a three step series of safety:
    The areas around, and connecting the new player starting zones should be completely safe. No damage would be done to players unless to both agree to a duel.

The next level of safety would be an area around the safe area where players can set up tribal cities and homesteads which are safe, but the areas between them are not; much like the current system, but I would add something to the way it is now. If someone attacks you on their tribe lands then you should be able to defend yourself.

The last level of safety would be no safety at all. It would be this area where players could expand their tribes claim with what I'd term "expansion totems." Tribes and players would be unrestricted in where they could build and what they could build. This would include terraforming because there is just too much strategic potential to keep it locked up in limited areas. These expansion totems could come in many different types too. One type might increase tribe member damage within a certain radius, one might increase defense, or whatever. Some types of buildings would only be allowed to be placed near your totem, but other players could still set up structures in this radius too. The expansion totems would be for upkeep purposes and like command center type buildings in RTS games.

There's even ways to make this fit into the whole angels and demons thing going on with the lore. All they have to say is, "Oh, the angels make it safe." and bam! It even fits in thematically.

I think a nice idea until they do come out with more land and expansion totems or whatever, is a claim totem.

A claim totem could be a way to contest a certain part of land or resource. Could also possibly give another spawn point for a tribe.
    Limitations:
    distance from main totem (needs to be relatively close)
    Can't be placed on another person's land (but can be close)
    Claim totem can be destroyed and another put in its place.
    You HAVE to build the totem and have it in inventory before you can place it.

It would be a way to claim and build outside the main tribe and gain more resources or have an outpost for trade. Also give us something to do while we wait for the other lands to open.

So for example:

Tribe A finds a vein of rock that gives them chalk on a regular basis so they throw down a claim totem and start build defenses and a trade post.

Tribe B wants the chalk too but doesn't want to trade with Tribe A; they attack and take the area dropping their own totem.

This could be a way to cause conflict and legitimize PvP while we wait for the good stuff (new lands).