Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Re:Fishing

reubenmunro wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    I hope it is a minigame type of thing. Darkfall's fishing is boring. SWG's was pretty decent.
    Most enjoyable fishing I've played is in 'Legends of Zelda' on nintendo64. I think it's the variety in catch size that kept me hooked (har har).
    Oddly enough a lot of people rate legend of zeldas fishing as better than actual fishing games. And with good reason.

MUD fishing FTW, Zelda was good though.

You - back your arm and smoothly cast your line over the railing into the nearby water. You judge the cast at about 123 feet.
    5211h, 5160m, 20390w cekdb- You feel a fish nibbling on your hook.
    5211h, 5203m, 20400w cexkdb- You tease your fishing line gingerly.
    5211h, 5161m, 20390w cekdb- You have recovered balance on all limbs
    5211h, 5161m, 20400w cexkdb- You feel a fish make a small strike at your bait
    5211h, 5147m, 20396w cexkdb- You quickly jerk back your fishing pole, but the hook pulls free of the fish
    5211h, 5147m, 20400w cekdb-

The fishing in the bass pro games was fun! Screw the mini game. Make it a whole game in itself(minus the boat of course =/)

But itd be cool if you actually had to fight to reel it in, the various sizes of the fish were clearly noticable, discover which bait worked best with which fish, etc. Might be a bit too much to ask but itd be nice to have something that in depth to pass the time when ya need to.

I know i will get flamed for it, but I would prefer something more simple like WoW fishing. I don't wan't to be caught up in a mini-game when a red comes up behind me and start stabbin'

LMAO, people would go AFK while fishing, just walk up and steal all their sh!t (Including the 4k worth of fish they had just farmed). You would get a message about 20 mins later saying "soandso has hired soandso to take a contract on your life", usually with a whole string of insults/threats/begging afterwards.

Palo god wrote:
    They could make more interesting forms of fishing like whale hunting, dynamite fishing, and shark wrestling.
    Haha whale hunting in Lake Tahoe? That would have to have been one heck of an apocalypse... as for dynamite fishing, I can see it now... "Hey guys, watch this!".... BOOM!... limbs go flying. :blink:

Maybe a nuke hit in the pacific and tossed some whales 300 miles inland to a perfect landing. Maybe God was like "BULLS EYE!".

Oh and the fishing in SWG was fun. Not so much for the fishing part but more for the ability to hang your fish on your wall. I had a wall with every type of fish from every planet in the game.

Sure, I'll support fishing. The more things people can do, the better. It would especially be cool to make it in-depth enough so that people that dedicate themselves to fishing can become a "master fisherman" and make a career out of it. Perhaps supply cooks or mages with rare ingredients?

reubenmunro wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    I hope it is a minigame type of thing. Darkfall's fishing is boring. SWG's was pretty decent.
    Most enjoyable fishing I've played is in 'Legends of Zelda' on nintendo64. I think it's the variety in catch size that kept me hooked (har har).
    That was good, but I'm gonna have to say that I thought fishing in Breath of Fire 3 for PS1 was way better. (Awesome game if you've never played it)