Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fishing

Virtus wrote:
    From there start there will not be any boats. the only large body of water needed for a boat is the lake, the rest of the area is just rivers.

As for fishing there will be fishing, I'm going to take an unofficial stab and guess it will be out on release.
    Did you ever find out if your unofficial stab was spot on?

Re:Fishing

I hope it is a minigame type of thing. Darkfall's fishing is boring. SWG's was pretty decent.

JCatano wrote:
    I hope it is a minigame type of thing. Darkfall's fishing is boring. SWG's was pretty decent.
    Most enjoyable fishing I've played is in 'Legends of Zelda' on nintendo64. I think it's the variety in catch size that kept me hooked (har har).

I forgot about fishing in Zelda. That was a lot of fun.

JCatano wrote:
    I seriously would fish for hours back in the day. One of the best parts of that game IMO.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that in game, though I understand that would be hard to code and use in an mmo. Lot of processing space used to control those fish, that's why in zelda you were stuck in a tiny room.

sicarius wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    I seriously would fish for hours back in the day. One of the best parts of that game IMO.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like that in game, though I understand that would be hard to code and use in an mmo. Lot of processing space used to control those fish, that's why in zelda you were stuck in a tiny room.
    I love fishing too, I spent hours fishing in Darkfall lol
    Why not sharks in Lake Tahoe, this is post-apocalyptic after all, there could be ANYTHING in there Mutant 5-eyed freshwater sharks!

sicarius wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

sorry had to laugh at this one.

Yes it probably did take alot of processing power.....back in the 90's.

I would hop that we've advanced a little bit since the N64, I'm reletively sure my pocketwatch has more processing power than that.

Fishing would be very interesting, although it could just end up boring, I mean half the fun of fishing in real life comes from getting drunk on the boat with your buds.

reubenmunro wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Most enjoyable fishing I've played is in 'Legends of Zelda' on nintendo64. I think it's the variety in catch size that kept me hooked (har har).
    Oddly enough a lot of people rate legend of zeldas fishing as better than actual fishing games. And with good reason.

MUD fishing FTW, Zelda was good though.

You - back your arm and smoothly cast your line over the railing into the nearby water. You judge the cast at about 123 feet.
    5211h, 5160m, 20390w cekdb- You feel a fish nibbling on your hook.
    5211h, 5203m, 20400w cexkdb- You tease your fishing line gingerly.
    5211h, 5161m, 20390w cekdb- You have recovered balance on all limbs
    5211h, 5161m, 20400w cexkdb- You feel a fish make a small strike at your bait
    5211h, 5147m, 20396w cexkdb- You quickly jerk back your fishing pole, but the hook pulls free of the fish
    5211h, 5147m, 20400w cekdb-

reubenmunro wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    That was good, but I'm gonna have to say that I thought fishing in Breath of Fire 3 for PS1 was way better. (Awesome game if you've never played it)