View Poll Results: How are you going to play?

Voters
311. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a Hermit, I'm going it alone!

66 21.22%
  • A small group of friends (2-9).

92 29.58%
  • A thriving town of folks! (10+)

124 39.87%
  • Don't know yet.

29 9.32%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

How are you going to play?

How are you going to play? Hermit, close friends, big tribe, don't know?

Hopefully get a good sampling to show the devs what the playerbase is planning. Is all this crying about hermits and small groups just a vocal minority or a real concern? Are the big tribes really going to lose prime real estate to small groups?

Vote now, vote often.

I think you miss out on a lot of the game if you don't get into the tribe mechanics.

Hmm, can't edit my post correctly. Anyway, the poll is basically to see where the numbers lie, lots of would be solo'rs? Small groups or big tribes?

I'm going to play in a small group, but also going to play with other tribes for trade, fun and war.

A thriving town! Very much looking forward to building a civilization in Xsyon and helping others, going to be some great times ahead

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    I think you miss out on a lot of the game if you don't get into the tribe mechanics.
    True. There is only so much time/effort that one person can put in. I don't want to see all the hermits get burned out!

Hermit for me to start, However, will be looking to interact with town/cities in the future for commerce and trade

Hermits and small groups will contribute just as much to this game and its world as a large town/tribe. Without the small groups and solo players, the world would be relatively lifeless and uninteresting. I want to venture out and find a small group of players with a camp high in the mountains, secluded. Or, stumble upon a single player at the bottom of a cliff, just out of sight from a main road. I want to see single individuals trading with larger groups and vice versa. These are the types of interactions that would be missing if solo or small groups weren't encouraged or allowed. And this is coming from someone who is in a large tribe.

Glad to see plenty of solo and small group focused players!

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Hermits and small groups will contribute just as much to this game and its world as a large town/tribe. Without the small groups and solo players, the world would be relatively lifeless and uninteresting. I want to venture out and find a small group of players with a camp high in the mountains, secluded. Or, stumble upon a single player at the bottom of a cliff, just out of sight from a main road. I want to see single individuals trading with larger groups and vice versa. These are the types of interactions that would be missing if solo or small groups weren't encouraged or allowed. And this is coming from someone who is in a large tribe.

Glad to see plenty of solo and small group focused players!
    Thank you for the kind and smart words. Maybe you can tell that to Twowii or whatever his forum name is.