Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Random craft groups..lvl70 problem...

This is a direct post to Jookie..over betaing Craft skill....

You have first hand said a player who is skill 25 who makes a lvl 70....makes an item equal to a lvl 25 makin a 25.....
    So I AGAIN ask you WHY you offer lvl 30 plus to people? All it results is ignorent kid with a lvl 45 and 70 and have no clue why they keep failing...

Again Jook... lvl 15 - 30 for starter crafts....I got a list....these new kids dont....

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    This is a direct post to Jookie..over betaing Craft skill....

You have first hand said a player who is skill 25 who makes a lvl 70....makes an item equal to a lvl 25 makin a 25.....
    So I AGAIN ask you WHY you offer lvl 30 plus to people? All it results is ignorent kid with a lvl 45 and 70 and have no clue why they keep failing...

Again Jook... lvl 15 - 30 for starter crafts....I got a list....these new kids dont....
    I understand your point...I think...and it's valid. Speak like Yoda you do.

heh ya sometime speak I do...

Key point is whats the point of makin a lvl 70 item if its crap....gotta be lvl 70 to make a good 70 item...I know and a few others know the LC levels...those who look..newbs dont......so why is Dev fuckin those kids with A) Shit they cant make.... and B) Shit if they eventually make equal to lvl 20..Homewood to lvl 25 Spooner? Why fuck a newbie with makin Aloha and Magoyta...when there just starting....

And this is only LC...granted Lether is the only semi comlete craft....but Tailor and Bone are the same way...I see kids every day bitchen they get fail every time....I ask what they're tryin....always a lvl 50 when they are lvl 25.....

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Key point is whats the point of makin a lvl 70 item if its crap....
    So here is a counterpoint to your argument/question. In my experience the best way to learn how to make something is to actually try over and over until you succeed. Often times this will lead to limited success, even if the output is terrible. From that you learn how to make it better the next time around.

But to back you up, would be nice to "learn" after you try at least once that there is no chance to succeed until your skill level is better. Then, at least, you won't be trying millions of times thinking one of those times will work.

I love yer idea and held out for it for ages..till Jook himself said there was no point in uber crafting lvl 70 when yer skill is 25....I then asked why we still get offered lvl 70 with all its failiors.....aside from me, those who read my post and other old schoolers....whats a lvl 50 - 70 LC?? All player made number...

Why the FUCK would you screw a new paying customer with a set they dont know they can cycle.........

While I agree with Risk's theory, I can't agree it has a 'real' place in the theory of the game. Mathmatically you are 100% correct though.

Here is how I see it, and you have to understand I see things from an RP perspective more than a mechanical one most times, so here goes.

If I am planted in a strange world, with only the clothes on my back, a crude weapon, and a handful of crappy tools. With little knowledge of where I am or how I got there. Fending for survival from the very minute I can remember my own name.

If thats how I start, and how I learn, then I dont agree you should know that item your trying to make for the 1st time is 50 levels above your skill. After all, I only just got inspired to add bear claws to the toes of my boots when I made a pair of gloves that had the same on them. I didnt' know it was going to be as hard as it was to actually get my new idea to work the way I originally thought it should.

You understand where I'm coming from? Just because you as a player know the mechanic behind the craft, does not mean your character should. If you do fine, use it to your advantage, but dont force the game mechanic to override the roleplayability of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by river111 View Post
    If thats how I start, and how I learn, then I dont agree you should know that item your trying to make for the 1st time is 50 levels above your skill.
    And I agree with that too. If there was an indication, I'd rather see something like "Too Difficult" or "Skill too Low".

But, It sounds like Risk's point is that it is distracting to the more seasoned players when all the new players are complaining on global that they can't build something they shouldn't be able to build. There is a certain amount of impatience with some players when they get a recipe, they "assume" they should be able to build it immediately. If they never got the recipe, they wouldn't complain (Of course, if global was gone that would solve the problem too).

I took the hint when I tried a recipe and it failed five times in a row. Not all players do that though, they start probing global for help.

I do like that I have "recipes" or "ideas" for crafts that I can't implement currently. From a roleplay perspective it is nice to think "Oh .. that would be cool, just not sure quite how to make it work yet."

Riv...love ya for the RP...but remember its 2036...you grew up in this hell hole...2012 was when it ended...2036 is now...check yer totum..

In RP terms...does a crafter just stumble upon the knowledge to make something he cant? No...he works his arse off and picks up knowledge on the way...some are luckyier then others hence lvl 40 on start but thats just visual...been said over again...a lvl 25 LC Crafter making Spooners armor makes the same as a lvl 25 LC Crafter making Castle Rock...only one fails less....

Failing in crafting will get you new formulas and will increase your skill so it's not all a waste if you fail 20 times on bone armor. I got once 3 new items knowledge by failing 15 times a row.