Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posting limit

I can see why its needed, make it so that only the creator can bump so we dont get unwanted bumps then..

But what if more than one applicant want to write in the thread?

ok, so I have thought about it.

The tribe advertisement area is purely for advertising your tribe. If someone wishes to ask questions about it they can either post in looking for a tribe or tribal discussions or PM a member of that tribe.

If you wish I can switch as Archangei suggested, so that only the thread creator can post there (and I would allow for 3 posts in a 24 hour time span which would mean a post every 8 hours)

I wouldn't mind if only the thread creator can post or not, but if you do, it seems like setting it at 8 hours would just start a bump war... Then again I guess 1 day would just be a more strategic bump war. Why not just stop anyone from replying to a thread if it is solely for advertising the thread? Then no more pointless bumps

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post

The tribe advertisement area is purely for advertising your tribe. If someone wishes to ask questions about it they can either post in looking for a tribe or tribal discussions or PM a member of that tribe.

If you wish I can switch as Archangei suggested, so that only the thread creator can post there (and I would allow for 3 posts in a 24 hour time span which would mean a post every 8 hours)
    Well thats fine, so every tribe is allowed to start their own thread in Tribal Discussion and can post there as many times as they like ?

well I wouldn't want to do as many times as you like because as Burnt stated it would case a bump war.

Sorry, Virtus, with all respect, I think that's a bad idea. If you want to decrease the amount of bumps from some tribes, okay, that's a valid goal. But please then just do that. Tell them that bumps aren't wanted and that bumps aren't welcome on this forum. You have every right to do so.

Of course you have also the right to limit legit posts on the tribe forum but I would think it unreasonable to limit legit posts because some tribes abuse the system by using bumps and the countless "welcome xxx to tribe yyy" posts. Practically the number of tribes that use these methods to stay at the top of the tribe forum isn't that large.

well I wouldn't want to do as many times as you like because as Burnt stated it would case a bump war.
    Hmm that means you plan to limit the Tribe Discussion forum too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Hmm that means you plan to limit the Tribe Discussion forum too ?
    I don't think that is the case, tribal discussions would not be limited because the board is for 'discussing', whereas the "tribe adveritisement" board shouldn't need very many replies at all, if any.

Hi Virtus,

As you may or may not be aware, The Nomads do use our Tribe Advertisement thread to welcome our new members into our tribe. Although it does bump the thread, we do so mainly as a means of acknowledging our new members and celebrating their addition to our family, and we do so on our Tribe Advertisement thread because that is where they found us.

To be honest, it is not like tribe's have players joining their tribe in bunches. On the contrary, the potential is there that at any given time, any given tribe can go days without inducting a single member into their tribe. Although it is true, that they sometimes join in bunches

In any case, if this is inappropriate, please let me know and I will stop doing it immediately. As a matter of fact, because it is always my intent to endeavor to adhere, I will stop doing it anyways until it is deemed appropriate by yourself or a designated mod.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    Do what you feel is best for your paying customers and pay no attention to the trolls.

It's your forums do what you want.

You may want to relax it back to 1 post per thread per hour ... that way those that ARE posting constructive info can share in a timely manner.

( just a thought )
    Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    Smite those trolls and forum queens.

It might make some consider actually putting a measure of thought and effort into their posts.
    Man, you guys don't know dick about forums do you?

It's the pretentious folk like yourselves that will bury a forum before any silly trolls will so long as there some reasonable rules and moderation in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Ok, I understand it now, but I think its not a good idea. Tribe advertisement forum is not the place where most of the flaming happens, its on the general forum. I understand you don't like tribes bumping their thread but this limits the communication with players who are interested in a tribe. Someone just posted in the Nomad forum, asking a question....now they can't reply to him. And if there is another player who is interested in joining, he can't ask how he can since someone posted before him.
    Jadzia is right, most flaming across gaming forums takes place in 3 areas: General Discussion, Off Topic and Clan Political.

Btw, you should move the politics section up to the tribes section for greater visibility.