Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Posting limit

ok so...final thought after much deliberation with myself.

Only the thread creator will be able to post
    The thread creator will be able to post as much as they want, however, due to the merging system it will simply merge any posts made within a 1 day time frame with no "new post" message.

This will allow for constant tribe updates and should a person wish to join your tribe they can PM any member of that tribe.

Extra Note:

I am looking for other possible work arounds to allow posting without bumping etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    well I wouldn't want to do as many times as you like because as Burnt stated it would case a bump war.
    What if the like the major tribes to get their own subforum thing, that way applicants and such can have their discussions there without littering this area?

I kind've dislike this -_-...

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    ok so...final thought after much deliberation with myself.

Only the thread creator will be able to post
    The thread creator will be able to post as much as they want, however, due to the merging system it will simply merge any posts made within a 1 day time frame with no "new post" message.

This will allow for constant tribe updates and should a person wish to join your tribe they can PM any member of that tribe.
    Thank you so much, Virtus.

The Nomads are grateful for their one post per day in order to continue their long held tradition of respectfully acknowledging our new members and celebrating their addition to the Nomad family.

/curtsies respectfully then retreats gracefully

Euhm,

This rule is really not good at all. I can't even do 1 post on our recruitment page and do mostly the recruitments at the moment.
    Since i am not the creator of the thread and ofcourse people have a life the creator can't always post and while the other officers can.

This sucks.... give atleast other people the chance to post 3 times. Now i can't post even 1 post.

Virtus sort it out jesus come on... I am thread creator I cant post since it saiz I am not that dont make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by STAR_GOD View Post
    Virtus sort it out jesus come on... I am thread creator I cant post since it saiz I am not that dont make sense...
    How about you two knuckleheads in the same tribe decide which one of you is going to post here. When one of you receives a ban, the other can post.

How about you two knuckleheads in the same tribe decide which one of you is going to post here. When one of you receives a ban, the other can post.
    Hahaha, I love it.

I'm happy with the new rules, still have not found the need to even bump my tribe post once yet, so no worries there

This is a great idea. Ive always found 45 pages of bumps to be quite pathetic, especially 4-5mths ago when tribes were bumping their tribes threads from 6th on the page up to 1st.

The other way to do it, is simply lock all threads, then once your thread slips to page 2, you can pm a mod to bump your thread back to page 1 for you. Thats how MO ended up doing it. For edits, a mod would unlock the thread for you.