Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Posting limit

Not exactly sure what this is supposed to solve really. Ok, so people can't bump their threads... so? I mean... why should anyone care if a thread in tribal recruitment has bumps on it? Does it hurt something, is it preventing someone from doing something? Just seems like "I don't like bump posts so I'm going to lock it down". Your call of course, but really, it's not solving any real "problem".

I think quite a few tribes complained about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Not exactly sure what this is supposed to solve really. Ok, so people can't bump their threads... so? I mean... why should anyone care if a thread in tribal recruitment has bumps on it? Does it hurt something, is it preventing someone from doing something? Just seems like "I don't like bump posts so I'm going to lock it down". Your call of course, but really, it's not solving any real "problem".
    I agree. Its pointless and doesn't solve anything.

/agree

Our thread starter has a life and can't always answer questions about us. Several of us have no life (self included) and are forum addicts.

Just bump with a reason, like updates about the guild and such instead of having to be in the top 10..

So I'm kinda for it .

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    Orly?..

It is a waste of space and resources. That should be enough for an indie firm to justify limitations.

Is this limit still in effect? If it is, I need to include a link in my tribe's advertisement to a place where I can communicate to potential candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizley View Post
    Is this limit still in effect? If it is, I need to include a link in my tribe's advertisement to a place where I can communicate to potential candidates.
    Wondernig the same. So really we should all find some webspace with some forum on it just because candidates cant reply to our threads. Maybe new players will be confused by the restriction and the tribe will even lose potential members due to this. I don't see any positive effect over this restriction, neither do i see why it came in effect. There doesn't seem to be any bot-bumping going on here and even if nobody seems to be bothered by it.

I'm getting teh feeling this is causing alot more trouble for people trying to use the recruitment section than givign them posibilities. Please reconsider, the games population is already low enough as it is, we need every tribal possibilities to catch the new players as possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LynnaWaters View Post
    Wondernig the same. So really we should all find some webspace with some forum on it just because candidates cant reply to our threads. Maybe new players will be confused by the restriction and the tribe will even lose potential members due to this. I don't see any positive effect over this restriction, neither do i see why it came in effect. There doesn't seem to be any bot-bumping going on here and even if nobody seems to be bothered by it.

I'm getting teh feeling this is causing alot more trouble for people trying to use the recruitment section than givign them posibilities. Please reconsider, the games population is already low enough as it is, we need every tribal possibilities to catch the new players as possible.

Thanks
    Its in effect to prevent the thread from being pushed to the top all the time, also from others posting in a tribe they have no want to be part of and pretty much flaming it all day.

I'm not sure if its being enforced right now or not as there are few tribes in game. Back when there were 100s of tribes it was a bigger issue.