Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I guess i could use some tips for my final char...

Which skill combinations are best or most versatile to start with? I heard that axes are currently best for combat. Can I use the preorder-axe for loggigng as well?
    Which attributes should i pick? Is there any point in Spirit & Charisma at all?

oh, and kinda off-topic: Whatever happened to car wrecks? Will they be in after the final wipe or anytime soon?
    Just so i know whether i should bother looking for one...

I have same dillema ^^ Cant decide how to set atributtes for my char.

As it comes for "combat atributes" the problem is if you actually will have that much oportunity to fight. I spend around 10 hours of running around, traveling far from "civilisation" and populated area. And during that time i only encountered 1 animal, it was bear who paradoxally i found near one of starting locations/ I know that at release they are going to increase the numbers at animals but would be enough to be for example a full time hunter(and for example bonecrafter as secondary "profession"? Something tells me that for many months this game will be only crafting oriented with very ocassional pvp unless there will be a lot of animals in "wilderness" and hunting will become a vailable choice

Strenght - seems like pretty importand stat, even if there wont be much fighting it decides how much stuff you can carry, can be usefull if you wont be living in a junkpile and you will have to make longer trips for resources.
    Fortitude - my personal favorite from "combat atributes" I think im gonna have it pretty high.
    Agility, as far as i read this atribute is very importand for combat, and actually only combat, so actually i dont know what to do it with it ;P Thinking about leaving it at 50, but on the other hand if there will be a lot of animals added and hunting could be a vialable "profession" i may regret not putting points into it ^^
    Dexterity - seems like a first atribute to max or keep high for everybody since Xsyon is so much "crafting oriented"
    Intelligence- here i have a problem too ^^ If you are going into architecture it seems to be importand stat but manual says it also afects things like scavenging and all crafts, but how much? I have no idea
    Perception - seems like importand stat for scavangers, im gonna keep it high

And we come to the two stats I have completly no idea what to do with. Seems for me like they are pretty useless for now since most of things they affect arent in game yet - and who knows how much it takes to implement things like healing or animal timing in game. I wonder whats that luck fail exacly is and how much influence it has for example for crafting. Im very tempted to set in on minimal and boost other skills thx to that ;P
    As for Spirit i was thinking to set it to minimal like Charm but i noticed something disturbing during that couple of days i played. I set it to 10 on my char. I played all the time with few friends, we were basically doing same stuff together all the way, and during all that time i lvled only once while they all lvled 4-5 times(i mean general exp bar). They all had Charm set to around 60-70... so maybe this atribute have some big influence on exp gain?

I'm gonna go with toolcrafting as main craft and probably one of armor crafting skills, aditionally i will be doing a lot of scavenging for sure. But I would like also to be able to go hunting and not be killed by a squirrel or something ;D so its hard for me to came with some reasonal atributes biuld(especially that i m not exalcy sure how much influence they have on gameplay )

Those are only my thoughts and concerns about atributes subject. But keep in mind its based only on few days of playing, reading forums and talking with ppl on IRC. So please dont kill me if im tottally wrong ^^
    I would love to hear more experieced players thoughts and opinions about atributes and their influence on actuall gameplay cheers
    PS. And sorry for my english ;P

And yes, you can use your preorder axe to cut down trees. The preorder shovel will let you dig. I'm assuming both preorder knives let you skin, and the preorder pick lets you destroy rocks. Not a clue if the club does anything as a tool, though.

Thx, but this is basically informations that you can find in manual also

I was hoping rather that players could share their thoughts and experience about how those atributes exacly affect the gameplay, how big is influence of those atributes.
    For example:
    -Spirit and its influence on experience gain
    -importance of "combat skills"
    -luck and fail? what charm atribute actually do? doesn it affects crafting succes rate?
    -is it better to focus only on some aspects of the game and for example rise few stats to 90 when setting others to 10? or maybe its better to set everything at average 60-70?
    Things like that.
    Maybe players could share their char build ideas?

I kind of dislike the "what kind of build should I choose?" questions. In my opinion, you should read the thread that Burnt posted and then realize the following:
    1. Charm and Spirit "don't do anything yet", but might soon. Minimize them AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    2. You don't have to be a toolcrafter to make tools.
    3. If you need a saw, it's easier to start off with one...than to find one...
    4. If you are a solo player, you need to start off with the greatest variety of tools possible.

Think about all of that and use your own brain (instead of someone else's) to make an educated decision. If you don't like your first guess... try another one. There will be a lot of time to get it to your liking tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    I kind of dislike the "what kind of build should I choose?" questions. In my opinion, you should read the thread that Burnt posted and then realize the following:
    1. Charm and Spirit "don't do anything yet", but might soon. Minimize them AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    4. If you are a solo player, you need to start off with the greatest variety of tools possible.

Think about all of that and use your own brain (instead of someone else's) to make an educated decision. If you don't like your first guess... try another one. There will be a lot of time to get it to your liking tomorrow.
    Imagine, ... The nerve.. Coming into the forum and seeking advice. The audacity!!!! Who knows what they will talk about next: crafting advice, political advice, starting location advice, combat advice. Damn all these ppl trying to interact and sharing info!!!

Imagine, ... The nerve.. Coming into the forum and seeking advice. The audacity!!!! Who knows what they will talk about next: crafting advice, political advice, starting location advice, combat advice. Damn all these ppl trying to interact and sharing info!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    I gave them a little advice, I just don't want people to ask ... so how much str/intel/dex/fort/charm/spi/pers do I need? Then which crafting/combat/PO weapon/ should I choose? What's your build? Can I borrow it?

Make your own character and not somebody else's. That's what I'm tired of seeing. Not saying that's exactly what they were going for.

I am using my brain, thats why im here. I spent a lot of time on forums and figuring out what build would suit my character and the way I wanna play best. Thats why I was asking for sharing experience by others, cos analizing info that we have from developers and some scraps of informations that you can find here and there lead to many questions.
    Im not asking what build should i choose. I already have few ideas. But im not sure about some things so i hoped to get some more informations from experienced players to clear some things which maybe could help me decide on few things.
    My brain just told me that it would be better to do this if i had more informations than just "shooting blind"
    Also i hoped to maybe start some discussion where ppl could share their experience which i belive could benefit everybody. Oh and aditionally its kinda fun for me to discuss things that are connected to things that i like.
    Anyway, thx for response