Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    im sorry this is retarded.so your trying to tell me that now 1 person could have 10 safe zones in the game?Goodluck with that! ill say it again that is the most game killing mechanic i have ever read on these forums...IF you want protection and cant stomach playing a mans game mabye you shouldnt try to solo it and then ask for concessions to be made to suit your play style!Grow a pair!

Quote Originally Posted by Garek View Post
    I highly disagree, we shouldnt allow safezones anywhere. Its just not realistic and makes the game much more boring and less dangerous.
    I disagree with you. Safezones are fine. What they shouldn't allow is letting players completely control where those safezones happen to be. I'd like to see about 40% of the map be safezones with building and terraforming limited to tribe areas and the other 60% of the map FFA-PvP with pretty much unrestricted building and terraforming.

Pop Quiz: Which MMO used to have unrestricted FFA PVP and realized that it was hurting subscriptions so the game's developers decided to put extreme consequences for PvP in some parts of the game's map? Hint: It's not currently owned by EA and is currently pulling in around $4,500,000 a month from subscription fees.

There is no need for this as in most cases the current safe zone mechanic will take care of "good" players. If you are being chased by an "evil" player and manage to reach a good tribe's land, generally you will be safe. Only a fool would follow you onto land where he could and probably would be attacked with impunity. (Plenty of fools around now, but nature will weed them out pretty fast.)

When gates are implemented, if a tribe's leader wants to and can give you a key, then you can enter their lands and lock the gate behind you. If keys are tribe only, then you had better plan to go the long way around.

Ravelli

Quote Originally Posted by Garek View Post
    I highly disagree, we shouldnt allow safezones anywhere. Its just not realistic and makes the game much more boring and less dangerous.
    How are safe zones unrealistic? They exist in today's society and date back to the begining of time. There would be safe zones in a post apocolyptic setting as well. You wouldn't walk into a military base and take out a crack navy seal without some serious planning and willing to die in the act... you are the one that first started comparing this game to real life not I remember that.

Also, is there a way to have a non tribe member but friend be immune to your attacks if you pvp with them in groups or is it friendly fire all the time?

No thats bad safe zones already need to be taken back some not more of them.
    If you ask me the only safe zone should be your house anything else is free game.
    And im a solo crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by unclean666 View Post
    No thats bad safe zones already need to be taken back some not more of them.
    If you ask me the only safe zone should be your house anything else is free game.
    And im a solo crafter.
    Why are safezones bad?

Dident mean All safezones just having to much safezones.
    Like i said i think safezones should be only in your house and the rest is up to you.like tame animals to guard and building up your area for someone trying to get in to kill you.

do you think the white house is just a safezone? No the built it with defences and protections thats the way i would like to see it instead of just fuck it this is a safezone.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    How are safe zones unrealistic? They exist in today's society and date back to the begining of time. There would be safe zones in a post apocolyptic setting as well. You wouldn't walk into a military base and take out a crack navy seal without some serious planning and willing to die in the act... you are the one that first started comparing this game to real life not I remember that.

Also, is there a way to have a non tribe member but friend be immune to your attacks if you pvp with them in groups or is it friendly fire all the time?
    Thing is, there isnt some magical forcefield around that navy seal preventing him from being touched while he walks around killing people on his base. You CAN attack them, but that is a decision you make knowing there are consequences. In a game with Safezones, there is no decision to be made, no weighing consequences, etc you are simply unable to do anything due to some magical barrier that says "This person cant even be touched while theyre in here".

Stuff like that sounds really good in theory, but it doesn't work that well in practice. In real-life there are severe consequences. Like death or years in prison. In-game there aren't those consequences. The Eve-online system of having the NPC police come and destroy the aggressor wouldn't work that well either because this isn't a target-based combat system. So finding a comprimise would be the best solution. PvP-types, like myself, do not need the whole map to PvP because it drives off A LOT of players. I personally wouldn't mind playing a game that has no safe zones--the reason I don't still play Darkfall is because of the lack of depth with finding resources and crafting and because the movement system was awkward as hell for NPCs and players.

But by having safezones for players to play in, then suddenly people become more interested in the game. Call them carebears if you want, but their money is just as good as anyone elses. And by having some safezones and some non-safezones, the game becomes open to many different types of play-styles. And that is never a bad thing for a "sandbox." The PvP players would still have PvP. That would not be taken away.

All the devs would have to do is put some common resources and mobs in the safe areas and then put different stuff in the PvP areas. Now PvP is not only a viable playstyle, but a NEEDED playstyle. The crafters are going to need to trade for those resources, and in some cases they might venture out on their own to look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisergod View Post
    Thing is, there isnt some magical forcefield around that navy seal preventing him from being touched while he walks around killing people on his base. You CAN attack them, but that is a decision you make knowing there are consequences. In a game with Safezones, there is no decision to be made, no weighing consequences, etc you are simply unable to do anything due to some magical barrier that says "This person cant even be touched while theyre in here".
    It's okay to play videogames....