Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    They foreseen this issue if they are splitting up the starting procedure. I created a toon, got to a spot (not the best in the world), I moved 3 or 4 times to different spots before that to avoid conflict because I'm stupidly nice i guess... and hey people still came to the final spot I chose and logged off with me still standing there XD. All good I guess just gotta be quick tmr morning. Point is thats all that was intended to be done today, Log, Create Toon, Make Tribe, Maybe Scout a little if your unsure on a location and get ready for tomorrow, Logout. I did all that soooo props to them for keeping there word sofar.

I did sub in March but I have been keeping tabs on this game since its birth. I understand how much of a pain this all is to everyone. I also understand slightly from a programmers point of view just how stressful this can be. A majority of people think "WOW AWESOME, so many nice things are being done!", I think "Oh man...awesome...but what a potential nightmare" heh. This is indeed a monster of a project and I understand why they stress the "test" word so much. What I believe they are not doing is pushing out crap and saying "Eat up", they are actually working on and testing the code out, and looking out for our greater good. Great work with the community also, hardly ever seen with game companies these days. Im sure some of you were around for the downfall of Wurm when Rolf decided to force PVP on the entire server, that sucked...but hey Notch left and started his own project something similar so yay =D I also started one less fantastic, basically a survival game only in roguelike form, maybe you all will find it oneday years YEARS down the road.

I have been around a-lot of mmo games and im sure quite a few people will tell ya, this one has real good potential. If anything try and relax til a day after launch...still crap and no plans to fix it? Yea maybe doomed at that point....

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    Am I the only one who has not had any problem with lag today, read the announcements so I knew everything would be disabled and there would be rollbacks, and is generally happy with what is going on? I must live in a box.
    You're in that minority of reasonable people. Don't draw attention to your sensibility, people will get mad.

Lag has been up and down but this is more or less what should have been expected. Everything will be turned on and smoothed out in just a few days.

Anyone actually know the real reason for the server lag? Or is everyone here just guessing and bitching? Really, anyone have ANY facts? I dont mind if your bitching because you heard something and you dont agree with it, but far as I can tell all y'all are doing is making up shit about what you THINK is going on and then bitching about it to each other.

If your able to get in and make your tribes today, and get at least your leader out to the plant location then you did all you need to do today.

Quote Originally Posted by l3lue View Post
    They foreseen this issue if they are splitting up the starting procedure. I created a toon, got to a spot (not the best in the world), I moved 3 or 4 times to different spots before that to avoid conflict because I'm stupidly nice i guess... and hey people still came to the final spot I chose and logged off with me still standing there XD. All good I guess just gotta be quick tmr morning. Point is thats all that was intended to be done today, Log, Create Toon, Make Tribe, Maybe Scout a little if your unsure on a location and get ready for tomorrow, Logout. I did all that soooo props to them for keeping there word sofar.

I did sub in March but I have been keeping tabs on this game since its birth. I understand how much of a pain this all is to everyone. I also understand slightly from a programmers point of view just how stressful this can be. A majority of people think "WOW AWESOME, so many nice things are being done!", I think "Oh man...awesome...but what a potential nightmare" heh. This is indeed a monster of a project and I understand why they stress the "test" word so much. What I believe they are not doing is pushing out crap and saying "Eat up", they are actually working on and testing the code out, and looking out for our greater good. Great work with the community also, hardly ever seen with game companies these days. Im sure some of you were around for the downfall of Wurm when Rolf decided to force PVP on the entire server, that sucked...but hey Notch left and started his own project something similar so yay =D I also started one less fantastic, basically a survival game only in roguelike form, maybe you all will find it oneday years YEARS down the road.

I have been around a-lot of mmo games and im sure quite a few people will tell ya, this one has real good potential. If anything try and relax til a day after launch...still crap and no plans to fix it? Yea maybe doomed at that point....
    Agreed, people need to give this game some time. Its an indy company working on a complex project, its only fair to give them a little time to figure out all the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ven_Jance View Post
    Everyday it becomes more clear that the reality is this game is going to need lot more preparation to succeed.
    Server and bandwidth can handle 3K concurrent users? Plan for 5-10K

There is only one game launch in MMO history this is comparable to - Mourning

I just don't understand how terraforming can be a planned feature announced to sell copies, when it was never tested with a substantial amount of players - this game needs 2-3 years of non-paid beta testing and a world-class network code programmer

Really hope it does go well....
    he theres not that many

Quote Originally Posted by rajaxone View Post
    Agreed, people need to give this game some time. Its an indy company working on a complex project, its only fair to give them a little time to figure out all the bugs.
    This!

Seriously, this is an MMO from an indy company as you point out. This were to be expected, and they announced it several times that there would be lag, chaos and half of the features would be turned off.. The MMO community has really gone the wrong direction the past couple of years. You expect that the quality of every single aspect in the game to be flawless and lagfree. Its not a freakin singeplayer game.

There are 1 million different things that need to co-work with each other, and its just not done overnight. I my self work in an IT company developing software for customers, and when we launch a "bug free" product, there are ALWAYS new bugs and flaws discovered.

What im trying to say is, that you should give em some more time. The game got potential, you just have to be patient and let the devs do their job.

They are not science monkeys in a cage coding 24/7 for your pleasure...!!

Quote Originally Posted by XeoStyle View Post
    This!

Seriously, this is an MMO from an indy company as you point out. This were to be expected, and they announced it several times that there would be lag, chaos and half of the features would be turned off.. The MMO community has really gone the wrong direction the past couple of years. You expect that the quality of every single aspect in the game to be flawless and lagfree. Its not a freakin singeplayer game.

There are 1 million different things that need to co-work with each other, and its just not done overnight. I my self work in an IT company developing software for customers, and when we launch a "bug free" product, there are ALWAYS new bugs and flaws discovered.

What im trying to say is, that you should give em some more time. The game got potential, you just have to be patient and let the devs do their job.

To be fair, this game has had 3 planned "launches"... Around last February (?), June 15th, and a few weeks ago. You'll have to give people some slack for being a bit <insert mood>.

Quote Originally Posted by XeoStyle View Post
    This!

You expect that the quality of every single aspect in the game to be flawless and lagfree. Its not a freakin singeplayer game.

You guys make this too easy for me.

First.. I didn't expect every aspect in the game to be flawless.. I just hoped that basic game play had been figured out and the majority of skills be working at launch.

2nd.. more time.. sure I have no problem with more testing before a final wipe... even though I have given them more time.. 3 post poned launch dates worth already the same bugs and glitches are still around.

3rd.. I don't expect them to code for my pleasure... they code for my 40 dolla and a chance to get my monthly sub.

I guess I am in the minority wanting a game that can be played.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    Really I can't even log in and do anything but chat.. and even that it lagged to hell?

How is this going to be a real game.. its currently a graphic chatting system.. and the damn graphics suck and the chat is slow..

I LOVED this game when it was half working.. but EVERYTHING is turned off and it can't keep up ... not only that it is DOWN HOURS... I would guess 75% or better of the people that will be logging on are at work.

This problem isn't going to get better as more people log in.

How can this guy be serious thinking people would on the first day the "land grab"
    was going to be an orderly process that someone would log on and be happy just creating a character that day then log off again.

ARE YOU SERIOUS the answer to this game running smoothly is turning off the damn game...???

Are you serious ?

You where told at the start of the week exactly what was going to happen and now your complaining about it ?

Thursday - Create character logon and meetup with your tribe mates and create the tribe, then log off. Everything was gonig to be turned off for this. (Simple right)
    Friday - Today your clan leader can log on and plate the totem. Nothing will be turned on. (Simple right)
    Weekend- Everything will be turned back on over the next few days up until the 15th where everything should be active again. (Simple right)

You knew this was going to happen we all did, they had to do it as they knew having tons of people logon at server up and then start terraforming and building things was gonna course issues. So they did this to stop that heppening..

We will ahve to wait and see if this works when everything is back up and running.. if not the silly lag is still around people will not be happy including me..

I said basic game play... I never mentioend terafarming. calm down brotato... drink some more cool aid...