Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name Filter ???

I would absolutely agree that that would be a great solution, actually dealing with a human with a reasoning to let you knwo why the name is innacurate or innapropriate.. consider me /signed if this is implemented this way. also I would hope there could be an ingame command to report names (not expecting immediate removal but to be put on a list that a guide will go through and confront the PC as neccessary)

Quote Originally Posted by savageasf View Post
    I would absolutely agree that that would be a great solution, actually dealing with a human with a reasoning to let you knwo why the name is innacurate or innapropriate.. consider me /signed if this is implemented this way. also I would hope there could be an ingame command to report names (not expecting immediate removal but to be put on a list that a guide will go through and confront the PC as neccessary)
    I believe /help (or /h) will allow you to speak directly to whichever guides are online at the time and could be used for such a need.

The last time we talked about this(4months ago) I was told that it was to hard to have a name filter, I was asking for name and tribe filter, As I feel the same way. You yourself(tredo) told me back then that you all had talked about it, But not on forums. I have been told by Jooky or Virtus in the past that they do plan on having a filter in-game, But it will not happen any time soon. That for now we can only report the names of people and tribes. The bad thing is, That was back when we all thought we would only have 4 or 500 people playing the game. No idea what the numbers are now, But I know we are way over that now.

I think Xsyon will lose a lot of good players due to this, But at the same time it's hard to yell you need to stop what your doing and get this fixed and into the game ASAP!!!

I think the guides to an awesome job, better than any mere machine.

For example, when some racist prick thought having a racist prick name was funny, the guide changed his name to Cinderella.

That is a total win for non-pricks. Without the human touch, using a coded filter instead, the racist prick would've just picked something a little less racist but still completely prick-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I think the guides to an awesome job, better than any mere machine.

For example, when some racist prick thought having a racist prick name was funny, the guide changed his name to Cinderella.

That is a total win for non-pricks. Without the human touch, using a coded filter instead, the racist prick would've just picked something a little less racist but still completely prick-ish.
    If we could get this kind of support from the guides all the time, you are correct, a human filter is for sure the way I would rather it go!