Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name Filter ???

Name Filter ???

There has got to be a name filter implemented... some of these names should not be allowed in game. I am offended by a number of them and that to me should be a mandatory remake dictated by the dev team and guides!!

A lot of people are feeling brave right now before wipe. They should have been racking up infractions against guilty accounts since the start of Beta.

Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy God. This is what you complain about?

You're the kind of person i will enjoy killing the most, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelTEE3 View Post
    Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyy God. This is what you complain about?

You're the kind of person i will enjoy killing the most, OP.
    Not sure, but did you happen to read the ToS for the forums? I understand you're new and all... but perhaps you missed one of the lines in there;

"Trolling" or posting content designed to inflame, incite or that has no purpose at all. The definition of “trolling” is at the discretion of approved representatives of Notorious Games.

Xsyon Citizen
    I'm with Tredo. I'm not a fan of what I consider dumb names e.g. Pwnz, Noobkilla etc but I can tolerate them as really, it's just a matter of personal taste. What I can't tolerate though are names that go out of there way to upset people, things that any right thinking person would find off limits.

I saw one idiot name himself wifebeater. I mean seriously, you'd have to be deranged to think that is acceptable in anyway.

Hopefully putting that name in this thread isn't some type of infraction, apologies if it is.

Darg, wifebeater is a type of shirt. It's like a t-shirt but without the sleeves. At least that's what those kinds of shirts have been referred to here for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    Darg, wifebeater is a type of shirt. It's like a t-shirt but without the sleeves.
    But you don't see a man beating his wife without one on!

I agree that we should have these enforced, and I bet that after launch those with offensive names will be reported and required to change it.

Xsyon Citizen
    I'm well aware of it being a name for a type of shirt. I also believe that naming yourself that isn't trying to celebrate an item of clothing, it's trying to draw attention to yourself by making light of a pretty loathsome act.

Regardless, I used that as an example of the type of stupidity with names I've seen that I object to. My post was in support of Tredo's suggestion for a name filter. Hopefully this is an addition sooner rather than later.

IMO there is a lot in a name and you can tell most of the retards and noobs right off the bat just by their name and usually the greeting they give you.. I say no name filter that way we can all know right off the bat who the idiots are and who is to be atleast investigated for their forethought into creating a character not named Legolas or bulbasaur.. anyways stop trying to micromanage every aspect of this game and let the player base make their own social rules, instead of asking for a software top down enforced "politically correct" name filter for fictional characters in a game world.

Quote Originally Posted by savageasf View Post
    IMO there is a lot in a name and you can tell most of the retards and noobs right off the bat just by their name and usually the greeting they give you.. I say no name filter that way we can all know right off the bat who the idiots are and who is to be atleast investigated for their forethought into creating a character not named Legolas or bulbasaur.. anyways stop trying to micromanage every aspect of this game and let the player base make their own social rules, instead of asking for a software top down enforced "politically correct" name filter for fictional characters in a game world.
    It wouldn't be software enforced. It would simply be a case of a guide contacting the player with an inappropriate name, asking them to choose another deemed appropriate by the guide, and then getting renamed by the guilde. Of course if the player is difficult the guide can rename then "pretty flower" or "marigold" like they did in Beta.