Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    You mention mostly AAA quality games, not indie games. Darkfall they wouldn't even let people BUY the game on release they limited the number of sales based on how much the servers could take, would you prefer that approach? I would rather have lag than wait for 6 months to buy a copy.

I compare this to minecraft where even after major updates there were data corruption issues, multiplayer maps blown away and it would be unplayable for days at a time. And yes you pay up front for that game too (no monthy, but theres no hosted servers). Comparing Xsyon to Rift? Really?
    Come on.. your going to have to come up with more than that..

The difference between the launch Xsyon and darkfall, rifts, and other "AAA" games is that those other games had thousands of people trying to log in and play... when Xsyon opened I think anyone could agree that it probably wasn't but a few hundred at most. You would think the server could handle less then 10% of the population they had speculated would be playing at launch......this again.. with everything turned off and not working.

Let's be honest, lag sucks. However, I have a friend who was able to get around just fine in an area near the mist. Maybe he was lucky, I don't know. Sadly, I can only go by what I hear from the boards and my friend. Based on that I have a few impressions.

1 I wish I was home and able to experience the launch festivities. I actually the raging, the lag, the crashes, etc.. I get my pizza, my dodder, and I suffer with the team. Sadly not this time.

2 based on the size of this thread, I don't know how much of an issue this really is. Aboutmhalf of the posts are from duplicate ppl. Based on this, and the number of total responses, I would say this thread is pretty small for how long it's been up. He'll, tiny characters had this in minutes (it seems). If it were so bad for so many ppl, i would have expected it to have been much larger.

3 those who do say they have has a positive experience are quickly flames. Tells me that many on this thread don't really want to see anything positive. Reading from some of the posters, they are known to never have anything good to say about the game.

4. Like it said in the intro, I cant comment on what is really happening, so when i get flames don't accuse me of making it seem great. I honestly don't know. I can only go by what i read, what I believe, and the history i have with forums in general.

See you in game

My guess is that today is a special case. Never again will the entire playerbase log in on the same day and create multiple characters and tribes. Having 2,000 people online playing at once is quite different than having 2,000 people creating characters and tribes. I also predict tomorrow will be rough, because never again will the entire playerbase rush to log in and place totems at the same time.

It's like the old joke in school: "ok, everybody flush at once!" The school might have 100 toilets, but cannot handle all 100 flushing at once. That is what I think is happening here. The game is optimized to PLAY, and not to just create characters and tribes. Once we actually start playing, I bet it will dramatically improve.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    The difference between the launch Xsyon and darkfall, rifts, and other "AAA" games
    first time I have seen Darkfall refered to as a AAA title but to be honest I can see that.

now I might be totally talking out my ass, but do you really think 2000 people have logged in during most peoples working times today to create their character.. just wait another hour when most of the east coast start trickeling online and for the next 6 or so hours as the west gets online and people start moving around.

I DOUBT 2000 people got on already at once.

Again.. I could totally be wrong.

Much better than the earthrise launch so far, anyway

ya makes me wonder what will happen in the next few hours. There are about 10000 registered forum users if 2/3 of those bought the game that would make for 6600 players. If only 20% of those had the day off then that would make the game lagging with only 1300 players or so. Just wait till the rest get home

I hope this game is not on just 1 server but on a whole bank of them each running a few zones.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    now I might be totally talking out my ass, but do you really think 2000 people have logged in during most peoples working times today to create their character.. just wait another hour when most of the east coast start trickeling online and for the next 6 or so hours as the west gets online and people start moving around.

I DOUBT 2000 people got on already at once.

Again.. I could totally be wrong.
    I just used 2,000 as an example. I've heard that there might be 7-10,000 logging in today, don't really know. No matter what the number, the servers are not running their normal routines now. Nobody is playing much, and everybody is creating characters and tribes.

edit: could easily be possible there are 2,000 Euro players.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I just used 2,000 as an example. I've heard that there might be 7-10,000 logging in today, don't really know. No matter what the number, the servers are not running their normal routines now. Nobody is playing much, and everybody is creating characters and tribes.

edit: could easily be possible there are 2,000 Euro players.
    Considering there is less then 10,000 registered users on the forums....for all time...

I doubt there is 7-10k logging in right now. Max you'd see is ~2k as you have to think this 10k total is spread across all time zones, there are registered users who may not have preordered, and some people may have given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    I just hope we get something bearable to play while they continue working on stuff. I can afford the $15 a month, but I'm already lvl 50 in Rift and boooooored.
    Every time I even try to play anything else, I catch myself staring at flat, elevated terrain and thinking, "That would be a great spot to start a Homestead!"

I just hope, if two servers will fix the issues (or three or four or four hundred) that everyone who cried their eyes out over the possibility last time will accept the necessity of it this time.