Have you honestly ever paid for a game where you could log in and ALL the functions have been purposely turned off becuase they know the servers can't handle it..
Even the chat function lagged out.

Honestly ?

I went through UO release.. shadowbane, EQ, Warhammer, Darkfall and even rifts...Sure they all have had problems and delays.. but nothing even compares.
The answer so far has been lets turn everything off and have people log on and right back off. To try hard to not stress the server.. how long are people supposed to stay logged out and not play? How is this even acceptable. I would understand waiting ques or something maybe.. but letting everyone online at one time so they can literally stand around and log out... COME ON
If these issues aren't actively being fixed he is going to lose alot of people before it even does have an official start. It seems to me that he thinks its just because we are all jumping in game at once he is mistaken.. as I said most people are still at work.
This is pre-launch with everything in the game off.... think about how much more lag will results in turning systems on and using them during a prime time setting. I want this game to succeed... right now it looks pretty damn grim.