Thread: Wells

Wells

As the public outcry continues for a way to 'carry' water, and about 'prime' real estate locations due to availability to a water source. While having a way to carry about an abandoned milk jug as a 'pouch' perhaps for hunters and such as a viable source of water, how difficult would it be to incorporate the ability to build a well in our tribal areas? A small body of water that i can drink from, but not fished...

This should alleviate the need for those 'prime' real estate locations as people could have a viable water source in their city, without having to traverse through dangerous terrain to do so.

While this is the apocalypse, and we've lost alot of our technology, i dont think it would be reasonable to assume that we've lost all sense of intelligence either. I mean, i can make tools with a knife, and make myself clothing, why wouldnt i be able to consider that having a water source at home is a good thing...

If this is posted elsewhere, i apologize, i didnt see it...

Good idea - very helpful, so we don't have to terraform sporadically placed rivers everywhere.

I think this should be an option in the terraforming menu, maybe walk around and click "Check for Well" and then the status bar loads and tells you if that's a good place for a well. Maybe use a tool to find water that needs to be crafted by a toolcrafter. Then if it is a good spot you can just terraform down and down until you hit the water and then it fills up with water and you float to the top. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Xidian View Post
    I think this should be an option in the terraforming menu, maybe walk around and click "Check for Well" and then the status bar loads and tells you if that's a good place for a well. Maybe use a tool to find water that needs to be crafted by a toolcrafter. Then if it is a good spot you can just terraform down and down until you hit the water and then it fills up with water and you float to the top. Just an idea.
    Not a bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin View Post
    Not a bad idea!
    Thank you! I can't remember the tools that some people use to try and find water. Idk if they even work or are just superstitions, but they are the metal rods that you hold in your hand that come together when you are over water.

Thank you! I can't remember the tools that some people use to try and find water. Idk if they even work or are just superstitions, but they are the metal rods that you hold in your hand that come together when you are over water.
    Yup
    http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/dowsing.html

This. Definitely.

Fresh take on an old idea. Best so far in my opinion. +1