I wouldn't take anything from today at face value

Just CALM DOWN

All we're supposed to do today is log in, drop totem, and log off.

I wouldn't base your X Y or Z off what happens today. Give it a little while

Dont worry, Jordi will figure it out without a 12 page thread about it

Easy to say if you were able to login and able to drop totem.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Just CALM DOWN

All we're supposed to do today is log in, drop totem, and log off.

I wouldn't base your X Y or Z off what happens today. Give it a little while

Dont worry, Jordi will figure it out without a 12 page thread about it
    Dont base X Y or Z off what happens today? if they cant get this straight, whats the rest going to be like.
    This was supposed to be the easiest way , and it's all fukd up!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeonSanders911 View Post
    Dont base X Y or Z off what happens today? if they cant get this straight, whats the rest going to be like.
    This was supposed to be the easiest way , and it's all fukd up!!
    It seems like we knew that totem droppign was going to cause massive lag, which is why he set aside an entire day for doing it.

No reason to think anything is "going wrong"

Hmm... Seems this was a problem during the last attempted launch on the 18th. Maybe we should have stress tested totem placing a bit more as in "Place totems, rollback, everyone place them again, rollback". People would have been crying like babies then but at least they would have been a bit more prepared for whats going on today...

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    It seems like we knew that totem droppign was going to cause massive lag, which is why he set aside an entire day for doing it.

No reason to think anything is "going wrong"
    If just placing totems causes the server to crash/lag out...what do you think will happen when players start teraforming the land ??

It's going to get worse before it gets better.
    Make plans for the weekend, because you wont be playing xyson.

Xsyon Citizen
    i'm not too concerned with how things are moving along so far. problems will continue to arise and be addressed within the next few days. it's expected with a small company and these issues don;t seem to be huge at the moment. getting logged off every ten minutes is annoying, but i'm seeing improvements as this has gone on over the past 24 hours. not counting the totem launch, lag has been declining steadily and thats huge.
    in the meantime, before the 15th, we're still able to fish and level certain aspects before others. it's good to have this small headstart.

if issues continue through past the 15th, then i'll join yall in the doom and gloom. save me a spot in line just in case. for right now though, i'm just happy hangin out and fishin when it's up and working. if people didnt complain , issues wouldnt get fixed though, yer right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickle1980 View Post
    i'm not too concerned with how things are moving along so far. problems will continue to arise and be addressed within the next few days. it's expected with a small company and these issues don;t seem to be huge at the moment. getting logged off every ten minutes is annoying, but i'm seeing improvements as this has gone on over the past 24 hours. not counting the totem launch, lag has been declining steadily and thats huge.
    in the meantime, before the 15th, we're still able to fish and level certain aspects before others. it's good to have this small headstart.

if issues continue through past the 15th, then i'll join yall in the doom and gloom. save me a spot in line just in case. for right now though, i'm just happy hangin out and fishin when it's up and working. if people didnt complain , issues wouldnt get fixed though, yer right.
    A headstart to what? Everyone had access to the game if purchased. Nothing changes on the 15th. This game has been "launched" for a long time already.

Xsyon Citizen
    A headstart to what? Everyone had access to the game if purchased. Nothing changes on the 15th. This game has been "launched" for a long time already.
    oh. oops. i thought i was special because i pre-ordered yesterday or the day before and got a special weapon. we're not in the pre-order phase anymore? my bad. i just discovered this game within the last 48 hours and i'm not up to date on everything. having followed a game called "Dark and Light" for 3 years before launch, i can DEFINATELY understand the rage and frustration from the old-timers. DnL was supposed to be an epic game and for a while, it was until infighting within the company brought it down. at launch , there were some bugs and issues similar to this. same as "A Tale in the Desert" so i'm just holding my breath and keeping a positive additude. you didnt get a special pre-order weapon or tool? i thought getting in early got you that tool...oh well. i'm confused, but happy. can;t wait to get back to fishing. lvl 34 and risin =D